[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - You can talk about anything in here

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 15th, 2024, 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 5:37 am 

You can talk about anything in here

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 8:48 am 

Since we have not the possibility to send pms, this is a good place to exchange opinions. Good idea! ;)

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 8:19 pm 

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2013, 6:50 am 

Tony could you please provide more info about how to use the Android Mode?
In steps...
There is an application to install first on phone? (maybe a stupid question because the app is not ready yet, right?)
or just click:
1) In XWDesigner press "Android Mode" -> "Send to phone"
(with usb or wifi?)
and the xwidget will be run automatically...

As I already told you I'm Moderator in one of the most important and bigger sites for Android/Mobile apps
(with Android section visited by over 20 000 people daily!)
so I can help to promote and publish XWidget for Android! ;)

(...or better share with us a beta version?) :!:

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2013, 7:21 am 

Hi jimking,
the step is:
1. Install XWidget for Android apk on your phone.
2. Add a XWidget widget on your phone
3. Plug in your phone with USB.
4. open XWDesigner on PC and press "Android Mode" -> "Send to phone" ( I still need a few days to complete the XWDesigner ). then the widget will be sent to your phone
5. click widget on your phone and will popup menu and select menuitem "select widget", then you can find the widget you sent .
6. continue modify the widget with XWDesigner on PC ,and press "Send to phone" ,the widget on phone will auto refresh and update .
7. click "package" in XWDesigner will get a ".xwp" file,then you can share this widget package file . Others XWidget for Android users can download this xwp file and run on their phone.

Thank you very much If you can help to promote and publish XWidget for Android :)
I still need a few days to complete the XWDesigner , but I will sent the XWidget for Android preveiw verion APK to you to test soon.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2013, 9:24 am 

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2013, 9:50 am 

Hi jimking,
I had sent the Preview version of XWidget for Android apk download url for you DA pm. please download and test :)
this preview version only had Image/Text/Layer controls and DateTimeCore , I will add more control and cores as soon as possible :)

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2013, 10:01 am 

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2013, 10:06 am 

With these components active for now:
Image/Text/Layer controls and DateTimeCore
means that the app will work for xwidgets that uses only these codes right?
So, only digital clocks?

...and the various animations in the widgets will be reproduced on phone??

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2013, 4:18 pm 

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2013, 5:58 pm 

Ok qiancang, thank you for the additional info. Even because with animations will have a lot of battery consumption..!

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2013, 7:04 pm 

Hi Jimking,
I had ziped the apk and sent new link to your DA note.

XWidget for Android not include animation, and Battery consumption is very very low, CPU usage about 0%, memory only about 5-6M

PostPosted: July 4th, 2013, 1:05 am 

OK now!! I downloaded the .apk and as soon as possible I'll post how it works or any eventually bugs..
As I told my phone is a Galaxy S 2.3.6 so I can test only the one version.. But I think there will be no much differences.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2013, 3:32 am 

Last edited by Jimking on July 4th, 2013, 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2013, 4:57 am 

Hi jimking,
Thank you very much, I will continue work on it to fix these problems :)
XWidget for Android is Free too. It will not add ads/banner in app .

PostPosted: July 4th, 2013, 5:51 am 

Okay! I will wait your feedback and the next version to test it..!
..and of course the version of the XWDesigner that will work for Android. I tried to press "Send to phone" with my phone connected and I receive "the abd.exe is not exist, please download the last version of XWidget"

But I tried to do the trick, and copy the folders of some widgets from pc to XWidget->Widgets folder on my phone and for just a few widgets worked! Unfortunately for the most of them didn't work (show on the list, added on homescreen but not work or error with the fonts..). Even some of them not work that are pure text and datetimecore.
But are all logical as the app is in beta and still in development..

PostPosted: July 4th, 2013, 7:10 am 

The "settings" (with time zone selection) is not appears in the list for some widgets!

FALSE ALARM! Obviously this happens to the widgets that not have this "right click" option. That's why is important to fix the issue this the right time display! :!:

PostPosted: July 4th, 2013, 7:24 am 

The clock shows different time from the system (1 hour back ) ----- Do you enabled DST (Daylight Saving Time) in your phone system?

PostPosted: July 4th, 2013, 1:01 pm 

PostPosted: July 4th, 2013, 1:51 pm 

Tony, please add the "no.media" file in the "Widgets" folder (I did it manually) so all the pics from the widgets will not load and show in the pictures gallery!

PostPosted: July 4th, 2013, 11:28 pm 

PostPosted: July 5th, 2013, 2:03 am 

I tested and the "no.media" file is there and works. No more pics from the widgets in the Gallery. ;)
About the time display and the 1hour back I found why this happens. Normally I have +02:00GMT. BUT now we have the Summer Time so for me and for all is +01:00GMT! When I made the test to move back the clock (on January for example) the widget works and shows the same system's time.
So you have to adjust something so the widget will follow the Winter/Summer Time (I don't now how it calls in English)
All the clock widgets work like this without have a Timezone settings or change anything in the phones settings. All work automatic..

One more thing that I notice is that the app runs in the background even when no widget is used. Normally when exit from an app/widget should stop running in the back.

PostPosted: July 5th, 2013, 2:39 am 

Thanks, I will try to fix the Summer time problem, and stop running in back when no widget is used , as soon as posible :)

PostPosted: July 5th, 2013, 7:57 pm 

Hi jimking,
I had fixed the DateTimeCore 1 hour back bug, and had make XWidget not auto boot , and not running in back when no widget added. please re-download and help to test ,thanks :)
and I updated the Compressed time to HD, you can download in XWidget for Android online gallery

PostPosted: July 6th, 2013, 1:49 am 

Tony I installed the last version:
- The app is still in the startup list and runs when the device switches on (I have to stop the running progress manually)
I use an app that blocks some startup apps, but in general not always work.

- The 1 back hour time is fixed!

- When I remove the widget from homescreen the app stops running in the back so is fixed!

About the startup, it will be perfect if we can get rid of this, but is not so important as the other things that you fixed! Good job! ;)

What about the seconds function on digital and analog clocks?
I tried to test some digital clock widgets, but seems that clocks with secs are not working yet...
There are already apps that support this...
Also it will be awesome for the analog clocks, to make the app runs like this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 9tLmFjYyJd
that there is an option to enable/disable the seconds hand!

Surely is not that simple but you can use similar apps, check their codes and to "copy" some functions...

What are your next steps...?

PostPosted: July 7th, 2013, 12:23 am 

Attachments:
compressed_time_sec_hd.jpg
compressed_time_sec_hd.jpg [ 61.06 KiB | Viewed 24690 times ]

PostPosted: July 7th, 2013, 8:34 am 

Thank you Tony!!!
Surely I will try to add it testing my widgets! :D

PostPosted: July 7th, 2013, 9:33 am 

Hi jimking,
I had fixed the startup xwidget in back problem, please help me to re-download and test,thanks :)

PostPosted: July 7th, 2013, 11:00 am 

PostPosted: July 7th, 2013, 7:13 pm 

PostPosted: July 8th, 2013, 12:18 am 

Tested and works! Αpp disappeared from the startup list. :D
Perfect job Tony! I'm waiting the new features....

Edit: I tested with some of my widgets changing the datetimecore section code in Main.xul, but unfortunately 90% the widgets don't work.. I will wait the new version of XWDesigner.

PostPosted: July 11th, 2013, 10:11 am 

Hi jimking,
I had complete the XWDesigner, Please re-download from the same link as last time .
Please help me to test:
1. re-download and re-Install XWidget for Android apk
2. download and unzip "xwidget_pc_patch.rar" into XWidget for Windows install folder to overwrite all files
3. plug in Android phone with USB line.
4. Check the Phone option: Android System Setting -- Developer option --- "Enabled development" , and "USB debugging"
5. Disable the Phone option: "Connect storage to PC "
6. Launch XWDesigner to create widget, and select widget plateform "Android" . click "Send to phone"
7. Add XWidget for Android widget onto your phone homepage, and you can find the widget you send to phone from PC XWDesigner.
8. continue to modify widget width XWDesigner on PC, and click "Send to phone" will auto upload widget's files and update/refresh widget on you Android phone homepage

PostPosted: July 11th, 2013, 10:28 am 

Great! :) I will test it as soon as possible.
For already created widgets is enough follow the first 5 steps right?

PostPosted: July 11th, 2013, 12:34 pm 

Sorry Tony but I follow the procedure but no file/widget is sending to my phone... :(
(I installed the new Designer on PC overwriting the old files).
Maybe you have to remember that in ROMs <4.0 the USB plug in works a little different. On the phones with "old" ROMs when you plug in the USB opens the screen "USB Mass Storage" and you have to click on "Connect storage to PC" to copy/move files from/to PC. (mount - unmount SD)
Here is what I'm doing for move a widget already made for pc:
- Connect phone with USB
- Made the procedure that I wrote before to "Connect storage to PC" (I tried to do nothing but the results are the same)
- Edit a widget (open the XWDesigner)
- Press "Widget Attributes"-> Platform "Android"->click "Send to phone"
- Unplug the phone
- Add a XWidget widget on homescreen
No new widget in the local list...

I have to change anything in the phone's settings?

Is it possible to upload a video to see how exactly you do it???

pm:
I tried to copy the folder of the widget after the modification ("Widget Attributes"-> Platform "Android") on the XWidget->Widgets folder on my phone. The widget added in the local list, works, but the seconds again no..
So i had to change this part manually:
<dateTimeCore name="datetimecore1" is12hr="true" onlyUpdateWhenMinuteChange="false"/>

One more thing that I noticed is that text that use extra modes, like underline or italic, not appears on the phone..

PostPosted: July 11th, 2013, 3:58 pm 

IMPORTANT:
After the last update/patch I can't install new widgets on my pc!!!
When I double click on a .XWidgetPkg, tells me "xwidget is running" but the widget doesn't exist in the list or is running..! :!:
I installed the previous version 1.8.4.610 and XWidget works again..

PostPosted: July 11th, 2013, 9:20 pm 

Hi jimking,
Thanks for your feedback, I had fixed this bug "xwidget is running" . please re-download from the link of last time .

Sorry that I forgot one more thing,you need set your Android Phone:
1. Check the option: Android System Setting -- Developer option --- "Enabled development" , and "USB debugging"
2. Disable the option: "Connect storage to PC "

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 1:34 am 

Ok Tony! Now it works and the widget moved successfully to the phone.
BUT there are two problems:
1) The seconds appear but not work/update again! Seems that the modification of the datetime core in the Main.xul file does not apply..
2) Problem with the alignment of the text (I don't know if this happens with this particular widget, but better check this too)
3) By the way no seconds appear for the "Compressed Time Sec HD" widget.

I used these widgets for my test: Please use this too to understand what I mean:

pm:
Some more infos:
- Clocks that use .png for digits don't work.
- Clocks that have text with any animation applied like flip don't work. I know that is not possible to reproduce the animations, but these kind of clocks don't work at all...

Attachments:
digital_hd_clock.zip [66.66 KiB]
Downloaded 399 times
liquid_crystal_clock.zip [42.7 KiB]
Downloaded 430 times

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 8:33 am 

I had re-upload "Compressed Time Sec HD" widget,please re-download and test :)

if you want the core update by seconds ,you need uncheck core property "Updated every minute",But I Not recommended to use secondly update widget,it will increase cpu usage

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 8:49 am 

I understand! But there are a lot of widgets with seconds and it will be a pity not use them for Android..Normally the XWDesigner should trasform more widgets possible and let decide to the users if they want to use these widgets.. I already use this:
http://jimking.deviantart.com/art/Sport ... -374921398

and the cpu of the XWidget app is ~8-9Mb, that for a widget with seconds for Android is ok... ;)

I'm waiting the rotator and weather support..! :)

What about these?
- Clocks that use .png for digits don't work.
- Clocks that have text with any animation applied like flip don't work. I know that is not possible to reproduce the animations, but these kind of clocks don't work at all...

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 9:21 am 

Hi jimking,
Please re-download and re-install the apk

I had fixed the bug for Android 2.3system that can not load larg size widget problem
and I had upload a new widget "custom time" in to online gallery.

about seconds support, you just need uncheck the DateTimeCore's property "Update every minutes"

and You can try this clock widget
it is uses .png image file to show current time with secounds.

preview.jpg
preview.jpg [ 44.8 KiB | Viewed 24558 times ]

Attachments:
timeloid3d.rar [3.72 MiB]
Downloaded 465 times

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 10:46 am 

Thank you Tony for the last version and for the extra help! :)
I tested and all work ok!

I hope that you add soon the support for Numbimage, Rotator and Weather! Also please try to fix the clocks that have texts with Switch Animation applied or additional options applied like underline, italic etc. Of course not reproduce the animations, but just make these clocks functional..

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 12:20 pm 

Could please check with in this widget the digits are not aligned when moved on the phone? :?

Attachments:
cyan_metal_timer.zip [165.87 KiB]
Downloaded 421 times

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 6:40 pm 

The text alignment had some problem.
I had modify it

test.jpg
test.jpg [ 70.42 KiB | Viewed 24548 times ]

Attachments:
cyan_metal_timer.rar [166.08 KiB]
Downloaded 457 times

PostPosted: July 13th, 2013, 1:17 am 

PostPosted: July 13th, 2013, 6:15 am 

PostPosted: July 15th, 2013, 6:40 am 

Hi jimking, What would you like to do XWidget Forum's moderator? Then, you can help us to delete AD/SPAM thread, thanks:)

and the forum PM messages had fixed

PostPosted: July 15th, 2013, 8:53 am 

PostPosted: July 16th, 2013, 1:03 am 

Tony in the last patched version of the Designer the datetimecore Binding core ${isBlinkObj} not works...
When applied with a ":" , appears the name of the core... I had to replace it with the old style code (%isBlinkObj) to make it work.
Please check it.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2013, 1:10 am 

How the things proceed with the app Tony?
Any news...?

PostPosted: July 20th, 2013, 6:53 am 

PostPosted: July 20th, 2013, 7:26 am 

Great!!! :D
Basically almost all the Android widgets are clocks (analog and digital), weather and battery. Of course there are others like photoalbum style widgets but for now with the datetime core for clocks and the weather core we will already have an app with a lot of widgets available!
I'll wait your next test version.. :)

PostPosted: August 8th, 2013, 8:57 am 

Tony, please add Circle (Round) progress bar to XWIdget.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2013, 9:58 am 

PostPosted: August 9th, 2013, 8:06 am 

PostPosted: August 10th, 2013, 2:17 am 

Post subject: google now link
PostPosted: August 11th, 2013, 7:05 pm 

I can not figgure out how to download this. :/
http://www.xwidget.com/xwidget/widgets/ ... 7/386.html

Post subject: Re: google now link
PostPosted: August 12th, 2013, 3:29 am 

Attachments:
ё1432.PNG
ё1432.PNG [ 77.81 KiB | Viewed 23682 times ]

PostPosted: October 16th, 2013, 11:11 pm 

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 1:40 am 

Don't worry DG. Tony has already fixed it! ;)

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 2:59 am 

So, have they put it in the play store? I couldn't find it anywhere...

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 5:53 am 

The Android app is still beta, "work in progress".. At this moment supports only image,txt and datetimecore. Tony is working for the next version (beta I think) that will be compatible with the weathercore too! ;)
So we have to wait.....