[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - sliding panel

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: sliding panel
PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 9:21 am 

hi,

Being kinda new to skinning xwidget, I was wondering if it is possible (and how to do it) to have a sliding panel, upon showing it, resizing the main widget as depicted in the picture : the main (initial) widget being N°1, the sliding panel N°2 and the resized area N°3 ?

Thanks !

Post subject: Re: sliding panel
PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 10:43 am 

Hello marcusus. I think that you need 2 slide panels that will open-close at the same time. One the will slide right/ left (3) and the other up and down (2), both hidden under the (1).

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 6:02 am 

I think that this widget will help you a lot:
http://jimking.deviantart.com/art/Styli ... -409154248

I will give you a demo as soon as possible..

But you can use the hide/show function so when you click on the N1 a new image will show N4 = 1+2+3
All you need the slide effect..

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 7:21 am 

Here is a demo (click on to slide in/out) but as you can see it's not appears too good. (except if you add a delay between the two slide motions..)

Attachments:
sliding_demo.xwp [8.85 KiB]
Downloaded 238 times

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 7:24 am 

And this is another way (better and more smart I think) where you can have the same result.

Attachments:
clickon_demo.xwp [6.73 KiB]
Downloaded 230 times

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 1:56 pm 

that seems to really do the trick, I'll try this WE and again big thanks to you !

By the way, are you related in any way to the team/person behind xwidget ?

PostPosted: February 25th, 2017, 1:24 am 

Yeap. I'm Moderator here and as part of the team I'm in contact with the Developer for beta testing (pc and more for Android version) , suggestions, bug fixing, and at the end I'm responsible for the pc and Android galleries.
Tony is the Developer and I do the rest.. :)

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 11:05 pm 

Regarding the software, the ability to copy/paste/drag'n drop between editor windows would be a really great improvement because Re doing what already exists is time consuming but I'm quite sure this is already a feature request.. The stability also as I did face many hangs during my trials.

I took a look at the silding modern slidebars widget. One thing I don't understand is when I delete the call to slidepanelout on mouseenter of a button and set onclick with the same command, the label on the panel disappear, so I assume this is a bug ..?

In the 'hint' chapter, is it possible to set by script the foreground and background color of a roundline (based on a timer) ?

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 5:17 am 

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 8:33 am 

sorry, the 'hint department' meant for the numerous requests you were kind enough to answer !

Being new to xwidget I could easily have done something wrong, so I tried again :
- deleted the existing unpacked widget in mydocuments\xwidget\widgets
- restart xwidget
- double click stylish_modern_slidebar in <myfolder>\widgets
- upon startup, slide panels when entered show the panels and the labels

open editor
- in the Functions panel, cut the command !SlidePanelOut=slidepanelx (x for the slidepanel number) in the OnMouseEnter field and replace the !OpenFile in the Onclick one
- run the widget

--> clicking the button slides the panel WITHOUt any label on it...

Maybe it's related to my box but I doubt it as everything else is working fine.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 2:02 pm 

It's hard to understand .. It could be help me a lot if you attach the .xwp and check from the inside..
.. and please explain me how should work.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 6:25 pm 

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 2:24 am 

Please attach YOUR version here. You can copy the functions of course but you should start a new project.
Also I need to know if you edit the widget for personal use. I'm sorry but I can't give the permission to post the same widget with some minimal differences as a new one.. I hope to understand. But if you want it for your pc only I will give you a hand.

Edit: Sorry but why you double click on the 'stylish_modern_slidebar' in the folder..? :o
XWIDGET doesn't work like Rainmeter. You don't have to edit or modify anything from the log code! All you need to do is to use the designer and nothing more.
If you don't need the label you need just to delete the 'text' from the designer.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 2:36 am 

Please tell me exactly what you want to do (how it works) because replacing or removing the codes as you say, you broke the functions.. The click on is the most important to open the shortcuts..!
If you want to apply more functions to one thing like the click on, you need to do it with a script.
If not nothing will work properly..

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 5:01 pm 

It's my turn to not understand you..

Of course I'm looking into widgets for educational purpose only as there is no help/wiki besides this board (even if everybody's not mandatory into bbs to seek info), I'm not modifying anything to resell it (??) or gain public acceptance by it. I'm just doing it to obtain knowledge allowing me to make the widget I need. I have a deviantart account (we share thoughts on it by the past you and I, I stumbled upon it recently) and when I'll be done with my weather widget it will be downlodable there, just for others appreciating the work, not the copyright or the money.

That said, I remind you I'm no coder so the "breaking code by interfering in the commands" is off to me, but the only interference was to erase an intern command, not a script one, based on an event to affect another event b the same command. I don't see what "code breaking" I could do here...

Anyway, here is the version I donwloaded and used (the original) and the one modified. You'll see by yourself ! I've modified the 1st and last button use ans What is even strangier is when reversing the last button (in the bottom of the widget) it dosen't react like it should...

Attachments:
stylish_modern_slidebar_original.xwp [1.33 MiB]
Downloaded 221 times
stylish_modern_slidebar_modified.xwp [1.33 MiB]
Downloaded 245 times

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 6:37 pm 

I will check your version. But I think that I have to explain you better because as I see from your reply you didn't understand well my words..
The design using XWidget is totally different from Rainmeter. Using Rainmeter you have to open the wordpad with the codes/parameters to make any modification BUT using XWidget you don't need and you don't have to do this..! All the design process is done through the designer ONLY. When I'm saying that 'you will break the functions' I mean that removing the tag codes is like to remove the functions that are assigned to that components. The built-in tag codes work with a SINGLE component (image, text, layer etc). As I understand you want to assign more than one function so you have to add a java script code in the designer.
If you don't add the proper tag to the right field the widget simply will not work as you want. That's ALL .

So I need to check which tags you put, in which fields and what kind of functions you want.
Anyway. I hope to be more clear now. I will check your widget and reply as soon as possible.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 7:45 pm 

PostPosted: March 1st, 2017, 3:31 am 

Ok.. I checked. Look:
1) First I had to rename the second one so I can work and compare both widgets at the same time.
2) The !OpenFile that you deleted is wrong because this the main function of the shortcuts. Without it none of the shortcuts will work/open (!) so you need to find another way. That's why I told you that you have to use java if you want to assign two or more function to one component..
3) You want the label or not? Because if you don't need it at all you can simply delete it.

Edit: I understood what you want to do..
You want to slideout with the clickon and slidein with the mouseleave right..?
I tried to do that with the built-in tags and using js, but seems that it doesn't work... :?
It's strange because it works when both "onmouseleave" and "onmouseenter" tabs are field but when you remove one doesn't.. And the more strange thing is that even with a js code doesn't work. I also tried to assign that funtion to the widget->OnLeave but no luck..
Seems that there is a conflict with something or it's just a bug..
I'm sorry but I can't do more at this point... :|
If I'll find a solution I will let you know..

PostPosted: March 1st, 2017, 4:14 pm 

No worries, I'm glad to be of assistance !

By the way, you told me recently that It's possible to set the back and fore color of a line in java scripting but I don't know the names of the variables...

As I want to set them on a timer basis, I guess that java code working on widgetload should do it...

PostPosted: March 1st, 2017, 4:23 pm 

I used this function here:
http://jimking.deviantart.com/art/Flash ... -534805371
..but I don't know how you can combine a timer function to this..

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 6:49 pm 

it is said that a picture is worth thousand words... So I've sent you in your deviantart account a link to a picture showing what I'm trying to do.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 1:56 am 

We will continue to DA. I have already replied to you there..