[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Ideas for Widgets - Add yours here

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: April 26th, 2015, 3:41 pm 

I thought maybe this could be a thread where people who are not coders as such can leave ideas on what they think would be a great idea for a new widget.
Then if any coders out there are interested they may think what a great idea and take it up...

Last edited by djpete1959 on April 26th, 2015, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 26th, 2015, 3:45 pm 

An idea I thought would be pretty cool was to have a picture frame slideshow with cinemagraphs which are animated photographs.
I have tested it with one cinemagraph and it works well but it would be even better if a widget could be made that included a folder of cinemagraphs that could be a slideshow.
Here are some cinemagraphs in case people are not aware.
http://www.tripwiremagazine.com/2011/07 ... raphs.html

PostPosted: April 26th, 2015, 3:50 pm 

Another idea I was thinking about is a playlist and or album record selector.
The idea would be a flip type album selector that you can have on desktop and flip to choose a playlist or album etc.
You would flip to the album and then click to play it.
Maybe it would be best for playlists as there would be too many albums.

Here is the ktel flipper from many yrs ago. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ja3NxeLhWg

PostPosted: April 26th, 2015, 6:44 pm 

Another thought, not sure if it's new but...
Anything virtual.. for example.
A virtual plant on the desktop that literally grows, maybe until it dies in a few years or something like that.
I am sure it could be done and lots of other virtual things could be made too.
Just thinking out loud..

PostPosted: April 27th, 2015, 3:29 am 

Animated speakers and subwoofer would be pretty amazing

PostPosted: April 30th, 2015, 3:04 am 

I see the swimming fish and had a play but couldn't get it to swim in a certain area.
Is that possible as an idea I had was a crawling mouse or even small bug that would just craw say along the bottom of the screen area...Another thought any way.

PostPosted: April 30th, 2015, 4:04 am 

Something like this..? :lol:
http://jimking.deviantart.com/art/Annoy ... -448445056

PostPosted: April 30th, 2015, 5:15 am 

Hilarious and so clever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: April 30th, 2015, 5:21 am 

It runs away when I try and catch it. Got the bugger...eeeeeeeeeew.!!
So good

PostPosted: April 30th, 2015, 5:22 am 

I am so going to add this to my wifes laptop without her knowing. She will go maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

PostPosted: April 30th, 2015, 5:33 am 

job done. It's on her laptop. she will either be really peaved off tomorrow or shocked!
:-)

PostPosted: April 30th, 2015, 6:34 am 

PostPosted: April 30th, 2015, 2:23 pm 

she said this morning she has a fly on her laptop. I said "what?"
She mumbled did u put a fly on my computer...
I said "what?"

PostPosted: June 9th, 2015, 4:39 am 

We even have a wiki, spam forced us to limit user registrations :( :( :( :( :(
I'm thinking up setting up a more moderated widget request page at my website :roll: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: June 9th, 2015, 4:45 am 

I subscribed to this topic and will be actively listening for widget requests :)

PostPosted: June 21st, 2015, 9:41 pm 

Lavalamp would be nice

PostPosted: June 21st, 2015, 9:42 pm 

another idea if you can imagine this..Hope I described it well enough..

how cool would it be to have a small plane flying across inside the weather window here sort of left to right and then off screen or actually the window so it looks like a plane is flying outside.
http://djpete1959.deviantart.com/art/Re ... -535889190
and even cooler if it changed to have its lights on at night time.

Post subject: Suggestion - New Core
PostPosted: January 27th, 2016, 10:57 am 

Hi, I'm new here and am currently trying to learn this forum, thanks for your patience.

Last night I created my first widget and during the process of doing so, I noticed there isn't a core for giving the top running process on any given computer. It would be great if you guy's would create one.

And how do I upload my widget to the gallery? Sorry if this post is in the wrong place, I couldn't find where to start a new thread. In the coming days ahead I may post my first created widget on my web site (blog).

Thank you,
AST_GMS

PostPosted: January 27th, 2016, 2:04 pm 

Hello AST_GMS and welcome to our forum. You can post your widget in the "share your creation" section and attach the. xwp file. (press "package" in the Designer)

PostPosted: January 27th, 2016, 3:25 pm 

Thanks jimking.