[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Chrome security warning

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Chrome security warning
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2015, 2:13 am 

Just letting you know..

I decided to switch on the let Google warn me of phishing and malware websites and when I came here I got a big red page warning that says...

The site ahead contains harmful programs

Attackers on bbs.xwidget.com might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit).
Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy
Back to safetyHide details
Google Safe Browsing recently found harmful programs on bbs.xwidget.com.

If you understand the risks to your security, you may visit this site before the harmful programs have been removed.

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2015, 7:09 am 

I get this message all the time on Chrome, since I started visiting the site about a month ago.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2015, 11:27 pm 

I really think this website should be fully scanned.
This is not a good look for new visitors.
I run a hosting business and know very well that this IS a serious message.
Can we have an answer as to what is going to be done about it?
I don't mind downloading the website and scanning the files for you if needed but something needs to be done...
Has anyone read this?? You can't ignore it. Something needs to be done urgently.
Come on Tony..

10 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent.

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/ ... e&hl=en-US

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 10:20 am 

This is really strange because there is NOTHING OF MALICIOUS in the forum bro..! Not even exist banners here that maybe causes these FALSE ALARMS.
I joined the site on Dec 2012, I tested with various browsers, Explorer, Firefox, Cometbird and various antivirus programs and NEVER had this problem.
I think it's all about Chrome and its last updates.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 3:32 pm 

Well I have come across this message before and in fact very recently and DID find viruses on a customers website.
What scans or checks have been made?
That's what we should know.

What I did is zip and download the complete website to desktop and scan with Avast.
It found viruses in my customers website.

Has this at least been done or anything at all?

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 3:35 pm 

And then at the very least Tony should ask for a review here
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/security-issues

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 6:45 pm 

The only problem was with the installer that included adware/malicious programs. But now that the installer is clear (months ago) the users not have to worry anymore. Really don't you think that is strange that ONLY Chrome gives you these alarms!!?? Tony has made virus tests for the site and the program itself and I know for sure that is 100% CLEAN.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 10:24 pm 

Very strange but also strange that it is just this website.
Also the the dates are still very recent.
At least he has checked.

Maybe post the question on a Google forum?

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 10:29 pm 

See what they say.
I posted here

https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... rum/chrome

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 10:41 pm 

Now moved here as suggested

https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... webmasters

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2015, 12:13 am 

I don't know but I'm sure that Tony will check it as soon as possible..

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2015, 5:22 pm 

this is also interesting..

http://portforward.com/virus_help/chrome.htm

PostPosted: May 24th, 2015, 12:20 am 

JimKing and Tony.
I got this reply.
I think you need to act on this urgently..

Hi djpete,

The Google safebrowsing tool still reports found issues for this site.

You might want to check for any suspicious scripts linked in the source.
Sometimes you might find them injected into the source code of the page near the end,
which is where I saw this one on your home page.

< div style=" display: none ">
< sc<200b>ript src=hxxp://s25.cnzz.com/stat.php?id=4O33716&web_id=4O33716" language="Javasc<200b>ript"> < /sc<200b>ript>
< /div>

Hope that helps,
Tim

PostPosted: May 24th, 2015, 4:43 am 

Thanks for the info bro! Only who is responsable with the technical part and have the privileges can check it..
I can't..

PostPosted: May 24th, 2015, 7:08 am 

Understand.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2015, 10:09 pm