[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Tweaks to Existing Widgets Included Here

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 15th, 2024, 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 6:11 am 

I’m fairly new to XWidget but have been playing around with tweaking some of the great existing skins. A few points related to these tweaks:
1. I prefer no leading zeros for the hour on the clock, so I've tweaked only widgets with a text clock. Images can't be changed.
2. I include the text of the current conditions. It may seem redundant, but if the icon shows rain, that could represent anything from mist to a heavy rain.
3. I include the last update time, though some of the widgets have this included already.
4. Likewise with the high and low temperatures.
5. I like to have two hotspots: one to update the weather and one to go directly to the weather details.
6. Even though the ZIP file has "ss" in the name, I haven't renamed the included widget, so exercise caution if you don't want to overwrite the standard skin.
7. With one exception, all these minor tweaks are to the widgets designed by Jimking. Thanks for the great work done on these.
8. For those who want to learn how to tweak, you can use these as examples. They're pretty simple. Good luck.

I couldn't include all the six widgets in a single zip, as it was too large, so the replies below will contain a screen shot and zip for each one. Thanks to Jimking for permission to post.

Last edited by sbs8331 on April 3rd, 2015, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 6:20 am 

First is the GS Weather HD Transparent. Changes to this include:
1. Replaced some of the "sunny" and night images with ones from the Touchwiz Accuweather widget found here: . The "sunny" ones that came with the XWidget skin didn't show up well on my GS5. The clear ones for night mode show a moon image per the Touchwiz Accuweather widget. Note that these images are in the "wth" folder. The ones with "Default" in the name are the ones that were replaced, so you can just rename the images if you prefer the ones that came with the widget.
2. Changed the format of the current date slightly.
2. Added high and low temps below the current temp.
3. Moved the location text to the left side of the screen.
4. Added conditions text above the current temp.
4. Added the update date, time and icon below the location text.
5. Added hotspots: At the update date/time/icon to update the weather and on the current temp to go to the weather details.
Screenshot_2015-04-06-20-00-34[1].png
Screenshot_2015-04-06-20-00-34[1].png [ 2.17 MiB | Viewed 8863 times ]

Screenshot_2015-04-06-20-02-40[1].png
Screenshot_2015-04-06-20-02-40[1].png [ 2.05 MiB | Viewed 8863 times ]

gs weather hd transparent_SS.zip [17.47 MiB]
Downloaded 462 times

Last edited by sbs8331 on April 6th, 2015, 5:15 pm, edited 10 times in total.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 6:26 am 

This is Acer Liquid S1 Clone Widget V2. Tweaks to this include:
1. Changed format of current date slightly.
2. Added weather text below location text.
3. Added update date, time, and refresh icon below current temp.
4. Hotspot on weather icon to go to weather details and on update date/time/icon to update weather.
Screenshot_2015-04-03-14-10-55.png
Screenshot_2015-04-03-14-10-55.png [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 9043 times ]

acer liquid s1 clone widget v2_SS.zip [8.14 MiB]
Downloaded 367 times

Last edited by sbs8331 on April 3rd, 2015, 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 6:43 am 

This is a tweaked version of My Atrix HD Widget v2. Tweaks:
1. Decreased the opacity in the circles to make them semi-transparent, especially the largest one on the left.
2. Replaced the battery % with the update date and time in the left circle.
3. Added the current weather text below the temperature in the middle circle.
4. Hotspots: Right circle to update weather, and center circle to go to weather details (though that should probably be reversed, since the it would make sense for the forecast screen to link to more details.
I love the three day forecast in the right circle. That's a great feature of this widget.
The attachment Screenshot_2015-04-03-09-15-03.png is no longer available
my atrix hd widget v2_SS.zip [4.86 MiB]
Downloaded 365 times

Attachments:
Screenshot_2015-04-03-09-15-03.png
Screenshot_2015-04-03-09-15-03.png [ 978.5 KiB | Viewed 9061 times ]

Last edited by sbs8331 on April 3rd, 2015, 10:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 7:10 am 

This is a tweaked version of ASUS Padfone 2 CW ORIGINAL. Tweaks:
1. Changed date format.
2. Added update date, time, and refresh icon below location text.
3. Added high-low temps below the current temp.
4. Hotspots: Update date/time/icon to update weather, and current temp to go to weather details.
Screenshot_2015-04-03-14-45-11.png
Screenshot_2015-04-03-14-45-11.png [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 9043 times ]

asus padfone 2 cw original widget_SS.zip [9.57 MiB]
Downloaded 312 times

Last edited by sbs8331 on April 3rd, 2015, 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 7:16 am 

One of my personal favorites is Nature Widget. I've always loved the GS3 and GS5 widgets, and this has a similar format. But it not only has some create graphics but also leaves enough transparency that the view of the wallpaper isn't impeded. My slight adjustments to this include:
1. Changed date format.
2. Added location text below date.
3. Added conditions text below location text.
4. Added hotspot on current temp to go to weather details. Weather update hotspot was already at update icon on bottom right.
Screenshot_2015-04-03-09-16-37.png
Screenshot_2015-04-03-09-16-37.png [ 799.4 KiB | Viewed 9059 times ]

nature widget_SS.zip [6.62 MiB]
Downloaded 369 times

Last edited by sbs8331 on April 3rd, 2015, 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 7:28 am 

This is the only one I've tweaked so far for which the original didn't come from Jimking. I used the version of the Galaxy S6 Lite or "Simple" developed by XDA member Aatif Bilal and found here: . The only reason I didn't use Jimking's version or the other ones on the XDA site is that the Lite one is the only one for which the clock is a text object and thus can have the hour's leading zero suppressed. Others can, of course, apply similar changes to the ones by Jimking if desired. My tweaks to the one from that site include:
1. Slightly increased clock shadow.
2. Added high and low temps.
3. Added conditions text below current temp.
4. Moved location icon and text slightly to left to avoid truncation.
5. Added hotspots at current temperature to go to weather details. Weather update hotspot was already at update icon on bottom right.
Screenshot_2015-04-03-09-13-55.png
Screenshot_2015-04-03-09-13-55.png [ 669.44 KiB | Viewed 9059 times ]

GS6 Weather Lite Bold_SS.zip [1.88 MiB]
Downloaded 355 times

Last edited by sbs8331 on April 28th, 2015, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 9:27 am 

@sbs8331 you post these widgets to other sites/blog than here..?

If yes please do NOT forget give credits to the original uploader. Not only if you use my widgets, but in general.. :)

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 9:42 am 

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 1:37 pm 

The mod version of the GS Weather HD Transparent is cool! ;)
It will be posted in the app's gallery as soon as possible...

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 2:25 pm 

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 3:31 pm 

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 9:12 pm 

About the weather icons read this:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4837

PostPosted: April 4th, 2015, 5:13 am 

PostPosted: April 5th, 2015, 12:31 am 

PostPosted: April 7th, 2015, 4:25 am 

PostPosted: April 10th, 2015, 2:10 pm 

PostPosted: April 11th, 2015, 7:00 am 

PostPosted: April 11th, 2015, 3:56 pm 

Suggestion:
You can use less weather images instead of 40, using the other tags for the weather. ;)
Check here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4837
It's the only and best way to decrease the widget's size. Making small widgets is not recommended, because on the phone's screen appear blur.