[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - XWidget clock not updating while running another app

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 15th, 2024, 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: June 24th, 2014, 5:05 am 

I notice with XWidget for Android that, if I have had another application running for some time, when I go back to the Home Screen the XWidget clock will not have updated, having 'stopped' at the time the other application was loaded. Unless the clock is actually clicked, it will not 'catch up' with the actual time for quite a while.

I suspect this may be because XWidget is not running as a foreground process. If so, would it be possible to offer the option in Settings to run it in this way? I do realise this would mean that XWidget is always taking up resources, which some users may not want - hence the suggestion of an option.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2014, 6:24 am 

U mnie problem zegara także występuje, ale jest drugi problem, który dotyczy pogody.

Używam aplikacji wyłączającej połączenie internetowe jeśli ekran jest wyłączony. Gdy włączę ekran, połączenie internetowe włącza się również. Niestety wtedy widget się automatycznie nie uaktualnia.
Trzeba to zrobić ręcznie.
Gdy wyłączę aplikację kontrolującą połączenie internetowe gdy ekran jest wyłączony to wszystko działa jak należy.

----------------------
For me, the problem of clock also occurs, but is the second issue, which concerns the weather.

I am using the application excluding Internet connection when the screen is turned off. When I turn on the screen, Internet connection included as well. Unfortunately, if the widget does not update automatically.
You have to do it manually.
When you turn off the application controlling the Internet connection when the screen is off it all works as it should.*

*Google Translated

PostPosted: June 24th, 2014, 7:26 am 

PostPosted: June 24th, 2014, 11:51 pm 

I should have said that I'm using Android 4.4 'KitKat' (latest release), and I am running XWidget on the home screen to display a clock. And did you mean 'foreground', rather than 'background', in your reply? It seems to me that XWidget IS running in the background already.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2014, 6:11 am 

As I said the app runs (appears in the running apps screen) ONLY when you open the app or when there is a widget on homescreen. (and doesn't run during the startup of the device).
Try to remove all the widgets, close the app and open your phone's settings to control.
Every new version of the OS always causes new issues, compatibility problems, and that is the negative of the Android.
That's why I told you that maybe is an issue of the latest OS.
And don't forget that the app is new and is still like a beta..

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 10:33 am 

In addition to what I already wrote in this topic, there is something that when I turn the screen I have to wait a while to refresh the clock.
As if Xwidget not run in the background at a time when the screen is turned off. This is not good because it is very confusing when it comes to the clock.

At once I submit it to Tony to fix.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 11:15 am 

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 11:57 am 

I do not know. In my case it's true. Android 2.3.6
I have a slightly older phone.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 2:39 pm 

I had a SGS with 2.3.6 and no problem with the time update. Then I upgrade it to 4.4 c11. I'm also using a SGS2 with OS 4.0.3 and not time issues either.. If you want my advice your OS version is too old man! You lost more than half android apps!

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2014, 7:36 pm 

Hi Jimking,

First of all, thanks for this great apps. But as describe at this topic, I also have the same problem, I'm using Android 4.4.2(Kitkat), everytime when I see my widget, the clock is not updated, I need to touch it to make the clock updated, I have using a task manager apps, but xwidget is in my white list so the task manager won't kill xwidget and it's related process. Maybe I'll try to freeze my task manager apps and check if the clock is updated normally or still need a touch to be updated.

Regards

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2014, 10:27 pm 

Look at this
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3763&p=10702#p10621
Developer currently solves this problem. The next update is announced at the end of this month.

PostPosted: November 24th, 2014, 1:50 am 

This is the XWidget for pc section.
Please use the Android section:
viewforum.php?f=18