[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Editing skins/widgets

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Editing skins/widgets
PostPosted: March 29th, 2020, 5:11 am 

Hello! There was a question about editing a widget. I downloaded the widget (https://www.deviantart.com/logisticalux ... -270815238) and I want to edit it. This widget shows Internet traffic, but does not show the ip address, as indicated by the author, instead of the ip address there is a normal picture and there is no kernel for the ip. I tried to add the kernel as in the EkerIPAddress widget, and write the Url link to the ip definition, but it doesn’t work out for me. I have a desire to make a full-fledged widget to show IP and Internet traffic at the same time. I decided to ask your advice on how I can do my plan.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2020, 6:28 am 

Hi Krill and thank you for using XWidget. To edit the widgets just right click on and select "Edit"
To use/visualise ip and net traffic you need to use the "netmonitorcore" (under "Cores" tab on the down left of the designer)
Then add a txt component and from the "Binding Core" tab, select the core and open the "Add Tag" list. There you'll find all you need about IP address and net traffic values.
If you need more help feel free to ask :)

PostPosted: March 29th, 2020, 7:12 am 

PostPosted: March 29th, 2020, 10:08 am 

Check this suite made by me
https://www.deviantart.com/jimking/art/ ... -741203307
And check the Network widget to see what I mean.
No need to add more cores. For what you want to create , you need only the netmonitorcore

PostPosted: March 29th, 2020, 11:46 am 

I looked at your skin, beautiful skin. The skin of "Internet info" , like the skin of "IP adress", show the same information. Only EkerIPAddress displays other information, the IP address is different from the 2 previous skins. If you check the ip with the online services that determine the ip, then EkerIPAddress will show correctly, but the previous 2 will not.
What could be the reason? Why does EkerIPAddress show correctly, the other 2 show incorrectly? Perhaps you need to change the address of the service that determines the IP address, or change the kernel?

I have a question on a different topic.
What is the function of the (Progress bar) "METER". Is she required? can it be deleted from editing?
And is there any way to change the color of the graph "Chart"

PostPosted: March 29th, 2020, 5:38 pm 

PostPosted: March 30th, 2020, 12:54 am 

Your skin, "EkerIPAddress", uses the core of "webparsercore". The skin "Internet info" uses the core "netmonitorcore". If you check the IP address through the Internet resources determining IP, then "EkerIPAddress" wins. As a developer, you could figure out why the information differs between skins.

I need a skin that shows the correct information. "EkerIPAddress" wins, but it is a very rough skin. The external interface is very rude.

I have a question
I need a widget, a function Pop-up window. For example, when changing IP, so that the notification window pops up about the change, then disappears. Is it possible to add such a function to an existing skin?

PostPosted: March 30th, 2020, 2:24 am 

EkerIPAddress is not my skin Krill... Try to contact the user who created it through a note on DeviantArt. That's why I told you that for my skins I always use the netmonitorcore.

and I'm not the Developer of XWidget :)
Tony is the developer of all the apps here.

Your request about the pop-up window maybe can be done but you need to involve some java script coding there and sincerely I never used this realtime pop-up info. XWidget supports pop-up tooltip but you want a more advanced function and requires some coding. But as I told you, you can add,remove or edit any part of a widget.
It's hard to explain some things to a new user. That's why I suggested you to check from the inside ready widgets, play with the settings and check topics in the above sections. I did the same when I discovered XWidget, I didn't know anything about it and now I have more than 4000+ widgets in profile :)