[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - How to edit weather settings from Celcius to Farenheit?

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: April 25th, 2019, 2:24 pm 

hello all, hey edited many widgets on here that have had issues that went unnoticed when published. One of them I find Austin is when you click the imperial or metric setting when tapping the widget it doesn't change from Celsius to Fahrenheit or vice versa but you can go in and edit the widget but I'm not sure what to select on the pop-up regarding weather to fix so it's always Fahrenheit instead of Celsius. I can see the code and then I can scroll down the list of pop-up items and select farenheit but it just adds another line of code but it doesn't exactly tell you what to remove or change in the existing code which results in nothing being changed or the weather not working at all and only being two symbols that represent degrees because the coating is. This has stumped me like crazy LOL. I did a search and found pretty much nothing on the topic so if someone could chimed in and just tell me how to edit the code for celcius to farenheit I would be grateful. I tried to just add an capital F before the degree symbol in the current code on both the high and low temps and save it but that did not work all I saw were 2° symbols after saving the widget. Thank you very much.

Faslane

here's one of the current codes...under bind core for one of the days

${highTemp4}° | ${lowTemp4}°. Just want to add the Farenheit tag but where please?

Attachments:
File comment: For instance the high and low temps in this Aurora Widget are celcius, there's a menu item to select imperial or metric neither does anything so I want to edit it manually and make it work in farenheit but not sure where to add the tag to the current high and low code.
Screenshot_20190425-153825_Action Launcher.jpg
Screenshot_20190425-153825_Action Launcher.jpg [ 335.29 KiB | Viewed 3666 times ]

PostPosted: April 25th, 2019, 2:44 pm 

Sorry voice to texting .a few errors I know. Sorry.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2019, 2:48 pm 

PostPosted: April 25th, 2019, 2:50 pm 

The "${highTemp4}° | ${lowTemp4}" and the high/low temp tags in general have nothing to do with the "Farenheit" or "Celsius"
I made this widget. Maybe I forgot to assign the tag code? Let me check...

PostPosted: April 25th, 2019, 2:54 pm 

PostPosted: April 25th, 2019, 2:55 pm 

PostPosted: April 25th, 2019, 3:03 pm 

Actually when you click the widget and select metric or imperial it doesn't change anything. I've tried it on three devices so I know I'm correct. You might want to review that because they definitely do not work. I simply went into the menu items and unticked the is metric box so it defaulted to imperial and then saved it for my local downloads but the menu items that should toggle back and forth from one to the other definitely do not work. Even after updating the weather they don't change a thing.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2019, 3:09 pm 

Sorry Faslane because I still don't understand what you want to do. I perfectly know how the widget works because I made it.. :)
There is NO clickon option or any hotspot used for "clickon" function.
Questions:
1.You're talking about pc or Android?
Because in this section is for the pc widgets...
If you're talking about Android I need to check the Android version..
2.You want to create a hotspot to directly change the unit or the "right click" option doesn't work for you..

Ok I think I found it. Seems that I forgot to assign the tag there..
Give me 5 mins to fix and re-upload it to the Android gallery...

PostPosted: April 25th, 2019, 3:17 pm 

Ok fixed! Thank you for let me know. The amount of the widgets is big and errors can happen during the port to Android.
I have already overwrite the widget. Please download again from the online gallery! I suggest you to remove the not working widget first. Tell me if it's ok now..

PostPosted: April 25th, 2019, 3:25 pm 

Yes even though I fixed mine by disabling is metric, I still deleted it and re-downloaded it and everything is working great :-) I love the widget, thank you for updating it so promptly smiley-face keep up the good work I love your stuff :-)

PostPosted: April 25th, 2019, 3:33 pm 

Thanks again for let me know and of course for the support! More widgets will be posted soon.
I wait the Dev to post the last fixed version of the pro on PS. We faced some problems porting the app from the old SDK and Eclipse to the new SDK26 and Android Studio, but all the fcs and bugs have been fixed.
We'll continue to work on improving the app .
If you have something to report about Android app please next time use the "XWidget for Android Forum" section to avoid confusion
viewforum.php?f=19
:)