[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Reflection

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Reflection
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2019, 5:04 pm 

How are reflections incorporated into a skin? I would like to add one to an existing skin but I can not figure out how to align it to the current widget.

Post subject: Re: Reflection
PostPosted: January 24th, 2019, 12:15 pm 

Edit the widget, open the Designer, select the component where you want to apply the reflection, and go to "Effect" tab. There you'll find the "Reflection" option. Play with the values and see how it looks and what you want to do.. :)

PostPosted: January 20th, 2020, 7:09 am 

Hey Jim,

I just tried the same thing, went to the effects tab, pressed the "shadow button", adjusted some of the parameters, and nothing happened? This was on a pre-existing widget you created (Elegant Modern Clock 2). I was trying to create a shadow for the year, but failed to do so. Is there something within the original settings of your widget that might be blocking my ability to create a shadow? This would be a good teaching moment, as you created this widget. It should be easy for you to add a shadow to the year, so it matches the digital clock shadow.

Thanks,

-grayswandir.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2020, 7:38 am 

I checked and no, there is nothing special. I only used the Reflection option (in the Effect tab).
Year text though doesn't have it.
You didn't notice that the "year" text is rotated (check screenshot)
So rotated text / rotated shadow. ;)
You can play with the values but with rotated text always works like this...

Now, to create a "normal" shadow with vertical text , should have this form:

It's all about designing style!
(This is a bit tricky though because the year text changes and it's not a steady image.
I can tell you how to do it, because as I see very few people use it..)

Attachments:
oo.jpg
oo.jpg [ 232.02 KiB | Viewed 3732 times ]

PostPosted: January 21st, 2020, 10:41 am 

Hey Jim,

I'm having a few problems with that particular widget. Since changing the font, the seconds tend to "walk" away from the the colons, sometimes the gap is quite large. I think I resized some of the text boxes without really understanding the effect it would have. For instance, when I click on "clock" I noticed the box that fits the hour and minute numbers is twice the size (length) of the actual numbers, why is that?

I guess my best bet would be to delete the widget and download it again, then go from there?

EDIT:

I downloaded the widget again, changed the text, made the text size smaller (I had to to make it fit inside your boxes) and this is how it turned out:

When the clock struck 2:00pm this is what happened:

What can I do to fix this problem Jim?

thank you,

-grayswandir.

Last edited by Grayswandir on January 21st, 2020, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: January 21st, 2020, 2:02 pm 

You don't have to fit it using the height and width of my widgets at all cost. Remember that you can change ANY values of the Designer without any limitation. It's up to you to create a small or big widget. The background area (squares) is the transparent area behind the widget. If something doesn't fit change it, or decrease the font size, the image size etc..
Also when you use text pay attention at two things:
1. The "Text Align" (General tab) option
2. Not all fonts have the same alignment, that means that some have been created with the same width for each element, other not.
example of a font with same alignment that remains "steady" by the text alignment.
https://www.dafont.com/it/instruction.font

So this means that when you have a "moving" text like seconds, its "behaviour" depends on it. I'm trying to be as clear as possible..

It will be better if you attach the .xwp here so I can check it to understand what exactly you want to do.
(click on "Package" button on top. It's like keeping a backup of the widget and it's the main XW widget's format to run and share widgets)

PostPosted: January 21st, 2020, 4:23 pm 

Attachments:
grayswandir's_elegant_modern_clock_2.xwp [52.21 KiB]
Downloaded 178 times

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2020, 3:45 am 

Attachments:
grayswandir's_elegant_clock_test1.xwp [54.71 KiB]
Downloaded 170 times