[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - W7 weather REPRO in xwidget, need help

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: February 11th, 2015, 1:24 pm 

I'm recreating Windows sidebar weather in xwidget and I would like to know if it's possible to change text color with a function. Basically... would be possible to change text form black to white when the dark and grey images are used as weather image?

Another question: I want to add moonphases and I already got an idea about how to do it in terms of design. There's an offline script with 30 images, but how many images are instead supported in accuweather core moon phases and how do you need to name them?

Thank you in advance :)

a w.i.p. of the widget is attached :)

Attachments:
weather_gadget_w7(1).xwp [1.69 MiB]
Downloaded 264 times

Last edited by dark13 on February 12th, 2015, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 12th, 2015, 1:05 am 

About the moon phases with this script:
http://jimking.deviantart.com/art/Moon- ... -369398725
(it's great because doesn't need internet connection to work)

I downloaded your .xwp but you need to create someting...
There is no design to edit...

PostPosted: February 12th, 2015, 8:46 am 

Oops, I uploaded the wrong file, now the widget in the first post is the correct one and is almost finished :p

I already tested that offline script, i may use it but the original windows gaget has lonly 8 state and the script support 30 images, so i was guessing if accuweather core has less state :p I could "convert" the 8 state into 30 state but i would like to see how accuweather core works with moon phases. Moreover, as far as i've seen (consider i'm not a coder and most of the script seems "alien language" to me) the moonphases script runs only on load widget and does not automatically update

PostPosted: February 12th, 2015, 1:48 pm 

PostPosted: February 12th, 2015, 2:29 pm 

See the image above. On the original gadget the text is white when black or gray images are used (bad weather/night) and black when blue images are used (day/good time). So the question is: is it possible to change text color using weather image as variable?

Currently adding "docked" version of original gadget using xwidget's back side :p

PostPosted: February 12th, 2015, 3:19 pm 

PostPosted: February 12th, 2015, 4:07 pm 

Havent' seen that, probably if I would have found it before i wouldn have just modified your widget, consider that in italian weather description are REALLY long :D

Just curious... why didn't you used the original graphic and used "flip" function for big/small variant?

Thanks for the script, i'll try also shadow. The fact is i don't like too much how xwidget render fonts, I wanted to convert my samurize widget but having a decent rendering on little font seems almost impossible (yeah, tryed gdi++ but rendering is still inferior to samurize on tiny font)...

PostPosted: February 13th, 2015, 2:16 am 

PostPosted: February 13th, 2015, 3:02 pm 

La cosa piu' divertente dei forum internazionali e' che finisci sempre per trovare qualcuno che parla la tua lingua :p

The widget is almost complete. Settings images have the same behaviour of w7 gadget's, sadly when the mouse is on a button the main button with setting GUI disappear. Honestly I don't think there's a fix for this as I want to keep settings buttons showing only on mouseover.

Now I need only to understant how "convert" the 30 moon phases in the traditional 8 moon phases...

Attachments:
weather_gadget_w7.xwp [2.24 MiB]
Downloaded 253 times

PostPosted: February 14th, 2015, 1:32 am 

PostPosted: February 14th, 2015, 2:01 pm 

Ok, I fixed the setting buttons. I was using a button for background but in the very end all I needed was an image with fadeIn/fadeOut animation. Now it's MUCH better. :p

Now the problem is only one: how can i convert the 0-30 accuweather icon to w7 gadget's 8 icon? I tried to use RSS core but farmer but farmer's almanac return "Moon Phases: Waning Crescent". ":" can't be used in a filename and html code ":" does not seems to work either. I did a bit of research but I really can't understand why AW uses 31 icon for the lunar phases...

Attachments:
weather_gadget_w7.xwp [2.24 MiB]
Downloaded 245 times

PostPosted: February 14th, 2015, 5:24 pm 

The right representation of the moon phases should have 30 images, one for each day of the month.
No need to convert the icons. Just look to select 8 from the 30 images that will be similar with the 8 images of the defaut/original widget. I think that you should use 30 to your design and the script from the widget that I sent you..

PostPosted: February 14th, 2015, 8:12 pm 

Jim, I'll gonna use accuweather core for moonphases as the script seems to show a different moonphase (maybe wrong iconset?). The widget needs internet anyway, so I think using accuweather makes sense :p

The problem is "understanding" when a certain phase starts and ends looking at the icons :p. Anyway I'll do the "longest" (and more precise) way... checking moonphases and the icon showed by accuweather core.

Many people don't like "repros" as there's no design freedom but I really like to re-create (good) skins in a different software. I'ts like "hacking" a software using only design, searching the most polished way to "force" a software doing something it's not specifically designed to do :D Obviously you need as base a software coded for a great degree of design possibilities :p

Here's the "trick": the moonphases layer is behind the weather layer and some weather layers have an "hole", so the moonphases will be showed ONLY in some weather states, just like the original w7 widget :D

Need just to check when monnphases starts and ends, and make the same "trick" with "back" graphics :)

Attachments:
weather_gadget_w7.xwp [2.27 MiB]
Downloaded 292 times

PostPosted: February 15th, 2015, 2:06 am 

The script that I used on my widgets with moon phases no need Internet connection to work..
Now, if you want some more complicated things like the moon phases appeared only in a certain weather conditions you need an extra script....

PostPosted: February 27th, 2015, 8:23 am 

PostPosted: February 27th, 2015, 9:08 am