[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Drive Info new Widget

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Drive Info new Widget
PostPosted: September 7th, 2014, 1:57 am 

Hello,

i have to rebuild an old win 7 Gadget with Xwidget called sushi's drive info

the basic functions I have, hard drive info, progressbar and other widget works well so far. Now I would like that not available disks are not displayed,
also the drive will only appear when I plugin a USB stick, external HDD or put a CD in the CD Rom.
Something like "show Only When Plugged"

The basic framework consists of HDD layer for each drive letter one.

can someone help me out here

sorry for my bad english

PostPosted: September 7th, 2014, 3:33 am 

i have done this before for myself, so i can help

for the DiskCore Binding:
current DiskCore of Xwidget only support one drive to be select for each core,
so you can do one of these:
1. adding a DiskCore for each drive-letter
or
2. use one DiskCore and use script code to change the drive-letter used by the core

for Creating Objects:
1. you can create Objects manually and bind each object to the core
or
2. you can use script code to do the creation and managing them (Visible/Invisible them)

for Aligning and Positioning:
you should use Aligning to reposition the Visible Objects,
current Aligning Feature of Xwidget seems a little buggy to me,
so you can write script code to do this if needed

PostPosted: September 7th, 2014, 7:51 am 

Hello,

thank you for your help.

i have do all the things, i will bind each letter from a -z to a core.
also it should be invincible an only visible when in use

watch image plz

can you help me with the script

thanks

Attachments:
File comment: Widget Progress
widget2.jpg
widget2.jpg [ 239.46 KiB | Viewed 4848 times ]

PostPosted: September 7th, 2014, 9:34 am 

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 7:23 am 

Hi,

thank you for your help i will test the Script

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 8:07 am 

Hi,

Ok the Script is working Perfect thank you.

But now i have a hole in the Widget. Is there an Auto position for each Layer

Thanks

Attachments:
widget3.jpg
widget3.jpg [ 231.93 KiB | Viewed 4823 times ]

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 10:10 am 

PostPosted: September 9th, 2014, 9:47 am 

Thank you for your Help

now it Works fine.

is there a site with a script overview for Xwidget

Thanks

PostPosted: September 9th, 2014, 10:15 am 

the default script in-use is javascript,
some helpful resources are:
3. browsing the forum and find out what others used

==============

Xwidget also supports vbscript,
so you can change the script in-use to vbscript if you familiar with it,
to change to vbscript you should do this:
1. in the designer, from the widget tree, select [Widget Attributes],
2. from the [Widget Attributes] Dialog, change the option [Script Lang] to [VBScript]
3. after changing to VBScript, you should write the codes only in VBScript language

============

edit:
by using [AutoComplete], you can also find most of the things,
most of the properties/commands are sorted based on the Inspector's sorting,
so you can easily find what you need in code: by finding it in gui and then look for it in AutoComplete

PostPosted: September 11th, 2014, 2:46 am 

Hi,

Thanks for the great help.

Now i have an other question.

how can i use the %Disktype to change the icon of the HDD logo to an USB or CD Logo

thanks

PostPosted: September 11th, 2014, 3:28 am 

if you have the images, you just need to change their name to the outputs of the tag,
the outputs and its its meaning are available in the tag's comment (in AutoComplete)

=========

for example, for this one:

1. first, you should name the images like this:
output.fileextension

it will be something like this:
(note that you should use your extension instead of png)

2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png

------------------

2. then you should use the tag in the binding format of object,
to do this:
you should add the tag like this format:
%Disktype.fileextension

for my example it will be this way:

%Disktype.png

-----------------

3. you can also place the files in another path and use the tag like this format:
yourpath\%Disktype.fileextension

for my example, i placed the files in the "icons" folder inside widget folder,
so it will be like this:

icons\%Disktype.png

PostPosted: September 11th, 2014, 4:46 am 

Thanks so much

PostPosted: September 11th, 2014, 11:36 pm 

Hi,

is there a chance to use A & B with diskcore

PostPosted: September 12th, 2014, 12:12 am 

A & B , you mean driveletters for floppy-disks
i don't know if Xwidget support it or not,

the driveletter associated with the core can be set to the A or B from the code,
but i don't have floppydrives to see if it works