[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Player project

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Player project
PostPosted: July 12th, 2014, 2:26 am 

I would like to port this cool design for Android for XW.. 8-) (without the weather,battery,message function)
I have already started but I need a couple of suggestions/help with the script..

1) I was thinking to make an animated png for the "arm", so when you press the "play" button the arm will be over the disk and with "pause" or "stop" the arm turns in the initial position.
So I need this script but also an "invert" function (the default "invert" option of the designer doesn't help)

2) At the same time I made the "cover" disc like an animated png, so the disc it turns, but on play the cpu is ~20-25%. So I would like to add an option to give the possibility to the user to choose if wants this animation during play or not..

Attachments:
screen.png
screen.png [ 163.06 KiB | Viewed 10966 times ]

Post subject: Re: Player project
PostPosted: July 12th, 2014, 9:19 am 

it shouldn't be so hard
i think it only needs rotating image in the script, no need for animation effect
the code will be like the raindrop widget
waiting to see the parts to try it out...

PostPosted: July 12th, 2014, 10:53 am 

Here is what I have done so far..

So for the arm, I should use a "rotator" component and you can control it though script to give a certain angle during play/stop?
And same for the disc? Transform it to a normal "image" that will move tough script..?

Attachments:
CLEAN_Player.xwp [527.51 KiB]
Downloaded 304 times

PostPosted: July 12th, 2014, 11:25 am 

i have never thought of rotator Object,
in script we can use any object for rotation, since all of them have the rotate option in their properties
rotator object have some extra options in its properties for this
in script we can create manually these features too

so it's your choice to choose which one to use based on your design
also for multiple object to rotate together we can add all of them to one Object and rotate that Object only

PostPosted: July 12th, 2014, 1:28 pm 

Changes:
- I changed the disc from "animatedpng" to normal "image" since we can use any object for rotation through script.. (I hope we can earn less cpu usage..!)
- I changed the arm using a rotator to see its movement (check the "start/end angle")

Attachments:
clean_player(1).xwp [527.53 KiB]
Downloaded 309 times

PostPosted: July 12th, 2014, 3:46 pm 

the disc rotation will have a high cpu usage (for me 15-25%)
since it's a large image, it will have more cpu usage than others
i don't think we can even create a gif for this one
since it's coverart and should change for each track, right?

PostPosted: July 12th, 2014, 5:04 pm 

PostPosted: July 13th, 2014, 12:43 am 

ok, a new test version available:
clean_player_t2.xwp [528.07 KiB]
Downloaded 312 times

========
Changes:
changed: arm Object from rotator to image
Added: Script for rotation
Added: 3 timerCore to Execute the script
============

it will have high CPU usage
you can lower the usage for disc rotation by changing update time in timerrotate timerCore
but then it will not be like a real disc rotate

PostPosted: July 13th, 2014, 1:59 am 

i have got an idea,
how about having an option to choose disc cover: mini, full, none
and also we can have DiscBoxCover somewhere else in fullsize as static image

PostPosted: July 13th, 2014, 3:32 am 

PostPosted: July 13th, 2014, 4:11 am 

PostPosted: July 13th, 2014, 4:34 am 

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 6:04 am 

Here is the full functional widget (ready to use). :)
It's only missing the "DiscBoxCover slider" (I will add it in the test next version)
Test the widget and tell me your opinion..

(to change the vol. click once on the circle meter and use the mouse wheel)

Attachments:
clean_player_t2.xwp [669.77 KiB]
Downloaded 288 times

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 8:02 am 

ideas:
1. how about having hint on mouseover buttons?
2. and i was thinking to make the arm go start to end by playing percent, how about this?

problems:
1. why volume needs clicking to be active for changing?
2. mute and unmute icons isn't vice versa?

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 8:32 am 

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 10:25 am 

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 10:39 am 

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 270.4 KiB | Viewed 10884 times ]

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 11:00 am 

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 12:02 pm 

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 12:22 pm 

Look what is happening (using XWidget with ONLY this widget on desktop and after reboot of Windows)
* CPU usage ~55-70% (too high!)
* Results? The progress bar, playtime don't update, the next/prev button during play not always work.
Even the XW I think is unable to load in memory the sounds/songs with this cpu.
I had to open the WMP first to make it play.
* The Mute button works ok.

At this point we have try this:Post another test file removing the rotating mode for the disc and add animpng with the simple script
"onplayback=play animpng/stopplayback=stop play animpng"

Can you do this..? Give me some time to replace the "image", add a right click option to "add song" for test better, add txts/titles for the buttons like "hints"..

We will give this last try, and if this doesn't work either, I think that we have abbandon the idea of the rotating disc... Damm! :(

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 12:41 pm 

Something is wrong with my XW.. I'm trying other player widgets but I have the same behavior,so don't work!!! Any ideas..?
I have to open the WMP first and then the player widgets work.... WTF?! This is the first time that I have this problem.....
Tested again only with this player widget (and the WMP open) the cpu changes/depends a lot on the cover's image as we told..
I will try to completely shutdown the system/laptop because the reboot didn't help...

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 12:55 pm 

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 12:59 pm 

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 1:01 pm 

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 1:05 pm 

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 1:28 pm 

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 1:29 pm 

Nothing man...My XW player widgets are not working any more.. Seems that XW player loads a certain location that can't be recognized..(?) Even when I add a song from the default windows music test tracks, nothing is playing..
I think that I have to uninstall XW, delete all its folders and re-install...I don't know.. :(
There is a way to delete any temp files that the XW's playback engine use..?

I don't want to bother you with this... Let me try to fix it and then we will continue the project...

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 1:36 pm 

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 1:47 pm 

The fact hamid is that I have already did all this and I never changed any default settings! Until today that I tried this one, ALL work fine with player widget and I NEVER had this problem..! The "wmplayer.exe" starts automatically when press play on the widget and automatically ends/disappears when close the widget.
Some else is happening...

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 2:24 pm 

this is just a player control core and not a player core
it just control the player that have been assigned with it to do the commands
and gets the state of player on each update

the default is wmplayer and you can change it in settings of your widget when you run your widget

you can even run the player and after that run your widget to control it

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 2:56 pm 

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 3:51 pm 

ISSUE TOPIC OPENED:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4753

...and solution found it!!! :D
Damm stupid WMP..! :evil:

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 4:30 pm 

What's new:
1) Increased the height of the progressbar and add handpoint cursor for more easy control.
2) Added "%IsMute" tag so the system's volume status is recognized from the widget.
3) Changed the Roundline/Volume/mouse wheel tags to control the player's volume instead of the main system's volume.
4) Added "hint" text with mouse over the top and mute buttons.
5) Added a virtual button over the disc. Double click anywhere on the disc to "Add Song" dialog.
6) Added right click option "Close Player"

Issue (from the big cpu values I think):
XW engine can't load properly the "playtime" and the "progressbar" so they appear "frozen" and don't update.

Attachments:
clean_player_t2.xwp [679.58 KiB]
Downloaded 294 times

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 1:13 am 

for playing time & progressbar update:
set the playerControlCore update time again and the problem will be solved
i think 1000ms is good for it

problems:
1. volume percent doesn't update (you didn't change it to playercontrolcore)
2. mute Checkbox: have conflict with update tag
>since we couldn't disable the onclick changing of checkbox we should use another object for it

question:
what does Button Object with tag included do?
does tag has any effect on it? (changing caption, icon, enable/disable,...)?
found it myself
it will change the button image
so we can use button image with mute tag instead of checkbox object
you can rename the images to true&false and place them in a folder named mute

Last edited by hamid on July 15th, 2014, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 2:04 am 

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 2:15 am 

1. i edited my previous post, read it again
2. for playerControlCore update: it's not 10min, it's 10ms, the text below it will show wrong numbers below1000 as "min" instead of "ms"
3. for mute problem: just change the checkbox object with button object and the problem will be fixed

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 2:44 am 

Attachments:
clean_player_t2.xwp [679.57 KiB]
Downloaded 286 times

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 2:53 am 

With animatedpng for the disc:
The script needs your mod... :)
I put Interval(MS) for the animpng 80.. Bigger value will show up a buggy rotation..

Attachments:
clean_player_t2(1).xwp [679.59 KiB]
Downloaded 295 times

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 3:17 am 

i mean millisec, not sec and min, the problem is with Xwidget showing wrong comment below that edit box in the core, anyway,

why do you use main volume again,
the problem will be fixed by a button,
i'll fix them myself and post it here,
plz wait...

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 3:21 am 

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 4:14 am 

this is just a test version:
clean_player_t5 [2014.07.15].xwp [679.65 KiB]
Downloaded 296 times

i'm still working on it,
plz wait...

===========
[Changes]:
1. Changed: mute CheckButton to Button Object
2. Changed: play CheckButton to Button Object
3. removed: VolumeCore
4. Changed: pnganimate1 name to disc
5. Changed: sorting of some objects in widget tree
=============

now the problem is shadow doesn't work with icon changes
can you add shadow to the original images (play,pause,mute,unmute) instead
also tooltip text will be hide after icon change, but i don't think it would be important

edit:
i have used play&pause vice versa
i'll update it in next test

Last edited by hamid on July 15th, 2014, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 4:49 am 

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 5:00 am 

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 5:05 am 

I think that my mind will blow up with the explanation but ok! :lol:
But this part need to be fixed:
play stop images should be otherwise. During playback should show the "pause" button
Pause = true , Play = false
I can edit the prev,next,play and pause images with GIMP and add shadow so all will have the same look and we'll not need the designer's shadow option..

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 5:16 am 

i didn't understand why you add pnganimate
i just renamed the object to work with previous code
and i just found that it has rotating animation inside it
did you mean to this property to be enabled in code?

and about play/pause i have mentioned in previous post
i thought that it's %play when renaming
and just didn't test it after naming
i'll update it in next test

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 6:14 am 

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 7:15 am 

Sorry again...
if you still didn't add shadow for images, it will works using image object
also using image object hint updating will be fixed
just we need to use glowOnMouseEnter animation for it to create mouseover effect like a button

and if you did the shadows, then no problem,
it will use less resources that way

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 7:33 am 

Attachments:
buttons.zip [7.72 KiB]
Downloaded 263 times

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 8:03 am 

i have created a new test to see the updates:
clean_player_t6 [2014.07.15].xwp [683.86 KiB]
Downloaded 270 times

==========
[Changes]:
1. changed: the code for pnganimate rotate
2. changed: all button objects with image objects
3. changed: replaced all hintBoxes with one hintBox and add the code to link all of them to it using TagString
4. Changed: arm speed to be a bit sync with playing sound
5. Removed: Extra TimerCores and changed the code to be worked with only one TimerCore
==============

edit:
again, i have renamed the new play/pause images vice versa while adding new ones
i'll update it in next test file

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 8:42 am 

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 3:55 pm 

ok, i think my work is finished
here's new test:
clean_player_t7 [2014.07.16].xwp [684.36 KiB]
Downloaded 262 times

=========
Changes:
1. Added: code for arm movement while playing and menuitem for enabling/disabling it
2. Added: Menuitem and code to change the disc type to: [Normal,Mini,None] for lower cpu usage
3. Added: Border to Disc Object to remove bad shape around the miniDisc
4. Added: CoverBox to widget
5. Added: more HintBox text for more items: play,prev,next,rating
6. removed: image object for adding new file (Added event to the upcover image object instead)
7. Added: glowOnMouseEnter effect to Upcover
8. Changed: prev&next from button object to image object to be compatible with hintbox
9. Changed: file names and structure in widget folder
10. Changed: Optimized the code to use less resources and make the speed to be more realistic
============

i have done my works
if you don't want something (CoverBox,DiscType,DiscBorder,upcoverBorder), you can remove them
also i don't know if it needed to add hint text for other things or not

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 12:49 am 

first i wanted to add OnMouseEnter/OnMouseLeave for CoverBox Object to show/hide a big CoverBox in somewhere (maybe on top of Disc is good)
but finally i didn't dicided to add it or not
if you want you can add it to widget

Last edited by hamid on July 16th, 2014, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 12:51 am 

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 1:01 am 

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 1:21 am 

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 1:53 am 

ok, you were right,
so it shouldn't get back to start position (RotateAngle=0) after finished disc?

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 2:05 am 

No this is ok! After finished disc the arm automatically turns in 0 angle position.
You need only to change the during playback movement..

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 2:28 am 

ok, here's new one:
clean_player_t8 [2014.07.16].xwp [684.4 KiB]
Downloaded 299 times

=========
[Changes]:
1. Added: FullCover to be show/hide when MouseEnter/MouseLeave CoverBox
2. fixed: the code for arm movement Direction on Disc to Out>In
3. Changed: the code for Arm Speed and start,End position of it
=============

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 2:42 am 

Ok! Now it's perfect! :D
I will do some small design adjustments and I will post it as sson as possible..
THANKS A BUNCH hamid! :)

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 3:11 am 

plz add the option to close or show the player after widget closed
the player remains open and invisible after widget closed
maybe a rightClick option for user to choose afterclosing widget what to do:
1.Show Player
2.Close Player

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 3:28 am 

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 8:27 am 

One last thing hamid..
Is possible to add an extra right click option to switch on/off the disc rotation during playback to have even less cpu usage..?

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 9:36 am 

i thought that the DiscType option is enough for it
but sure, i'll add it when you send the next test

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 9:41 am 

PostPosted: July 17th, 2014, 9:28 am 

Since you wanted to remove some of the features,
i have added this as another version:
clean_player_t9 [2014.07.17].xwp [684.78 KiB]
Downloaded 269 times

=============
Changes:
1. Added: MenuItem and code for Enable/Disable Disc Rotation
2. Added: MenuItem and code for Enable/Disable LargeCoverBox
3. Added: MenuItems and code for Show/Close Player after Widget Closed
4. Changed: widget Author Info in the script comment
5. Changed: Some Optimization to the code
=================

i'm waiting for your version to do the same to it

PostPosted: July 17th, 2014, 11:17 am 

PostPosted: July 17th, 2014, 1:15 pm 

PostPosted: July 17th, 2014, 1:36 pm 

Thanks again @hamid for the suggestions and your hard work... :)

PostPosted: July 18th, 2014, 4:26 am 

Here are the changes that I made:
- Change the script for "Close Player" as default option
- Remove the mouse over offect from the upcover
- Change the Glow mouse over color to black
- Add an image/graphic under the small DiscBoxCover to give better visuals.

..posted: :D
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4787

PostPosted: July 21st, 2014, 6:53 pm 

i used another widget and while i was using it i saw that it will close the player automatically after widget closed (without close command)
i don't know why it doesn't close the player while i testing our widget

so there should be a OnWidgetClosed>DoNothing option in menu
i was thinking to add it at first, but i don't know why i don't
so replace this one with that, if you think it's necessary
clean_player [update1] [2014.07.22].xwp [686.38 KiB]
Downloaded 278 times

===========
Changes:
1. Added: menuitem and code for OnWidgetClosed>DoNothing to don't force to do anything on colse
===============

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 12:43 am 

Ok.. I will replace the uploaded file.. :)
Thanks

PostPosted: September 5th, 2014, 8:40 am 

CLEAN Player is awesome! My favourite widget. Regards to JimKing and Hamid.

One request: Is it possible to make it compatible with MusicBee? I would really appreciate this option. Hope it can be possible! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: September 5th, 2014, 9:28 am 

you can change the player in-use from the settings on the widget,
it can be accessed by using the Settings button on the right side of widget,

these Settings is related to Xwidget's PlayerCore and not this widget itself,
so it will work if Xwidget support that player

PostPosted: September 5th, 2014, 10:28 am 

Thank you for your reply, Hamid!

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like XWidget supports MusicBee. Too bad.