[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Swim Widget on a certain direction?

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 1:48 am 

I have 9 pngs water drop images, and I would like to make a "swim" full screen widget.
QUESTIONS:
1) Is possible using the "swim" widget's optionto make the drops going only from up to down and in a steady vertical position like in real life..?
2) Can we combine all the 9 images so they will appear randomly..?

Thank you!

Attachments:
drops.zip [34.62 KiB]
Downloaded 217 times

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 2:22 am 

I think it will be better to attach them into a slider and make a full screen widget.
I went through the docs, but couldn't find anything about swim direction

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 4:42 am 

Hi DG! Thanks for the quick reply..
The fact is that with the widget->"swim" option as you know the images floating randomly. I'm almost sure that should be a way to control the movement though script, but as it seems from my topic here I don't know how.. :)

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 11:02 am 

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 12:08 pm 

Hi hamid!
If you check my attach file you will see that are 9 different water drop images like this one:

So I was thinking to make a full screen images where the drops will fall from top to bottom like a rain effect on screen!
Imagine like a "swim" widget (without use the "keep on screen" swim option), but the images will move only in a vertical random position.
The best of course is to have also random the start point of the drop. Other will start fall from the top, other from the middle..
Just think a rain effect on the screen.. :)

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 12:42 pm 

couldn't imagine this with swim effect
maybe you want it to create wind

but why don't you create a png animation or a gif?

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 1:27 pm 

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 1:38 pm 

Attachments:
raindrop_[test2] [2014.05.07].xwp [41.13 KiB]
Downloaded 215 times
raindrop_[test1] [2014.05.07].xwp [41.81 KiB]
Downloaded 226 times

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 2:38 pm 

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 4:20 pm 

Attachments:
raindrop_[test3] [2014.07.11].xwp [41.47 KiB]
Downloaded 203 times

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 4:59 pm 

Testing your last file "raindrop_[test3] [2014.07.11].xwp" the cpu usage is 0~2%!! :D
I will make some more tests decreasing the speed and adding the various pngs and I'll reply as soon as possible...

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 2:12 am 

I made some little changes to the script and edited the scale % of some images to be more realistic..
Cpu usage=0%

Next steps:
- Randomize their movement on x-axis? <- ->
- (more complicated) With mouse click appear of a random water drop (like the "Broken Screen")

I try to study the script from the "Broken Screen" widget and copy the function but is a bit confusing for me...

Attachments:
raindrop_[test4].xwp [41.49 KiB]
Downloaded 213 times

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 5:10 am 

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 6:51 am 

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 7:03 am 

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 7:43 am 

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 1:57 pm 

ok, it's ready:
raindrop_[test5] [2014.07.12].xwp [37.72 KiB]
Downloaded 210 times

=========
Changes:
Added: Disabling/Enabling on Hide/Show to save Cpu Usage when it's Hidden
Added: MenuItem to Clear Screen
Added: MenuItem to Set Number of images
Added: Code to automatically create imageObjects
Added: Code for Random ImageFile Usage
Added: Code for Random Speed, Position for each Object
Added: Widget LockPosition and MouseThrough
Removed: Extra ImageObjects from widget
===========

Note:
-Adding more than 10 ImageObjects will cause cpu usage go high
(for me getting 20-30%)

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 3:00 pm 

Visualy is reallly GREAT! And your script is rock!
But I can't activate the right click option or click on the widget(move).. :?
Maybe of this "Added: Widget LockPosition and MouseThrough"...?

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 3:31 pm 

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 3:35 pm 

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 6:17 pm 

Here's the new version:
raindrop_[test6] [2014.07.12].xwp [37.92 KiB]
Downloaded 200 times

==========
Changes:
Added: Cleaner Code and Menuitem to clean the drops on mouseenter
Added: the Mouse Cursor for Cleaner

fixed: Saveini() have been missed in previous code,
-> i don't know how it works without it, maybe it doesn't require anymore,
-> but i added it for compatibility with old versions
============

PostPosted: July 12th, 2014, 12:58 am 

PostPosted: July 12th, 2014, 7:20 am 

i have added some additional things
i think this is the final work on this

here's new version:
raindrop_[test7] [2014.07.12].xwp [38.13 KiB]
Downloaded 209 times

==========
Changes:
Added: Enable Counter Menuitem and code to count the number of items
Added: Some Optimization to Code to make it easier to read
Added: Producer Info to the script code's Comment
============

PostPosted: July 12th, 2014, 8:40 am 

Nice!! I will edit the "Widget icon" image and I will post it later..
Thanks a bunch bro!

Posted: :D
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4745