[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Help "Arrangable Widget"

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Help "Arrangable Widget"
PostPosted: May 28th, 2014, 4:32 pm 

Hey guys, im trying to build a system status widget that can be re-aranged directly by moving & placing the parts around and save the "layout" as default so the next time its opened it displays the data the way you prefer, i got the sizegrip working correctly (i think) and one of the "data modules" to move around by click & drag..so far so good.

But im having some probs with a couple things:

1- the CPU/Temperature chart module cant be dragged by clicking directly over it, you need to click a little bit below it, dont know why.
2- when i resize the main widget window it automatically returns to the default position, how can i make it stay where you left it?

can someone check it please, maybe offer some ideas?

thank you!

SystemStatus_3.jpg
SystemStatus_3.jpg [ 23.8 KiB | Viewed 2875 times ]

SystemStatus_1.jpg
SystemStatus_1.jpg [ 62.27 KiB | Viewed 2875 times ]

SystemStatus_2.jpg
SystemStatus_2.jpg [ 88.92 KiB | Viewed 2875 times ]

AIVI_System_status_V2.xwp [12.04 KiB]
Downloaded 203 times

PostPosted: May 28th, 2014, 11:32 pm 

As I told I don't use the sizegrip, but I suppose that not works properly because you need to put all of your components in a main layer.
Create an empty layer with width and height values of the "widget" and drag there your layers to see if will work.
(don't forget to make a backup of your .xwp in case that something go wrong..)

PostPosted: May 29th, 2014, 3:51 am 

PostPosted: May 29th, 2014, 8:57 am 

Attachments:
iNTERFACE-4.jpg
iNTERFACE-4.jpg [ 504.25 KiB | Viewed 2860 times ]
iNTERFACE-2.jpg
iNTERFACE-2.jpg [ 479.3 KiB | Viewed 2860 times ]
iNTERFACE- 1.jpg
iNTERFACE- 1.jpg [ 482.91 KiB | Viewed 2860 times ]

PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 9:36 am 

OK, i got the window working properly, JimKing was correct, i had to place all the content inside a layer, sizegrip works ok too

Now, how does one gets the widget to save its configuration/ arrangement as default?

I wanna put a button "Save as Default" but no idea how to go and solve this

Thanks guys!

DynamicWindowTestOne.xwp [16.29 KiB]
Downloaded 207 times

PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 11:09 am 

Thanks a lot for the Dynamic Window test widget kabott1! :)
About the "save ini" I'm sure that hamid can help you..
I don't know how Rainmeter works, but I think that making widgets with XWidget it's more "simple" and fun...

PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 12:19 pm 

Plus there is a LOT you can do with Xwidget you cant with Rainmeter, like it cant browse websites, adjustable size widgets, or stream video with it, among some.

But to be fair, i used it for 3 years, it has available tons of Manuals, instructions and help guides that makes it more accessible, therefore, appealing to the beginner.

One thing i miss from it was the ability to create separate skins and then "include" one to the other via scripting call "@Include1: xx/xx/xx/Contents.ini", that was a way of simplifying your work a lot cause you didn't have to deal with a thousand lines of code, think of it like separating layers in different files, one file contains the Backgorund and some buttons, other file contains the modules & charts,etc , then you simply call the "Contents" file/layers from the "Background" file. It sounds like isn't necessary, but when your are approaching the widgets as an entirely paralel interface, alternative to the traditional Windows OS, things tend to rapidly evolve into chaos lol, you could nest files inside files all you wanted, i really liked that, was a very organized approach.

Anyways, after a week with Xwidget i already did 3 impossible things to do whit Rainmeter .. i browsed the internet with a widget, i created an adjustable size widget with modules inside that can be move around by simply click & drag!! that's AMAZING!

If Xwidget V2 solves some htmlcore bugs the possibilities are:

c85401dfe7660f4b81d4560f12dc699f.jpg
c85401dfe7660f4b81d4560f12dc699f.jpg [ 291.2 KiB | Viewed 2847 times ]

in other words, your imagination will truly be the limit :D

PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 3:57 pm 

XWidget 2.0 will have the include function.

aivitestone.xwp [16.37 KiB]
Downloaded 202 times

more information about setvalue and getvalue : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2316

PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 5:57 pm 

Attachments:
AIVI_system_status_v3.xwp [83.46 KiB]
Downloaded 199 times
v3.jpg
v3.jpg [ 246.61 KiB | Viewed 2837 times ]