[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - New Project

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Project
PostPosted: March 15th, 2014, 4:55 am 

I found this clock app for Android and I would like to port it on pc..

I will try to use part of the script from this widget modifying some parts:
http://jimking.deviantart.com/art/Insan ... -408628312
and
http://jimking.deviantart.com/art/Linea ... -410650343

I already started with clean-up the image creating the main background.

(maybe I will need some help... because in this case the digits remain "lighted".
I hope not be a pain in the ass with my ideas! :lol:)
What do you think guys? ;)

Post subject: Re: New Project
PostPosted: March 16th, 2014, 8:19 pm 

I'll do the code... but I'll need a layout to work with. DO a widget with the bg, and texts aligned, I'll pick it up :D

PostPosted: March 17th, 2014, 6:18 am 

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2014, 10:42 am 

Here is the test version. It takes a bit because there are a lot of txts... :)
I don't know what kind of the script will follow, so I made it with double layers for each components! ;)
If you don't want these extra layers, just delete them..

I know you're an expert, but I can suggest you to use part of the scripts from the widgets that I posted in the original post, to make the job "easier"..
Thanks!!!

PostPosted: March 29th, 2014, 1:06 am 

hmmm... sorry for being late. I'm taking this and trying my best to complete within sunday!

PostPosted: March 29th, 2014, 4:08 am 

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 5:22 am 

(Nearly) completed!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6ithirucw8ch ... 0panel.zip

Add weather images... left to save space

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 5:43 am 

AWESOME script work!!! :D
I saw that you replaced the arial font with the digital to match the whole design.. :)

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 7:03 am 

Often (randomly) one of the sec digits doesn't light up.... It happens only to me...? :|

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 9:01 am 

It also happens to me... sometimes, especially when the CPU is loaded. Possibly this is due to "" and loss of sync between the data. Javascript execution can at times be slower than expected. Unfortuantely, there is no way for me to fix this :( I tried to reduce the components and work load by converting a whole layer to images.

Still, looks like the frequency of this glitch is dependent on CPU muscle. It just made many rounds without a single digit going unlit! Other users may or may not face this issue depending upon their system. 1 possible solution is to convert the texts into images, that would remove render overheads. But since I can't say about the internals of XWidget, may be Tony can provide a better way.

Since javascript has no knowledge of multi-threading, it doesn't provide any means to declare an atomic/volatile/syncronized construct to handle this. So, unfortunately this won't fix.

Last edited by digigamer on March 30th, 2014, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 9:13 am 

I see mate! I was curious. But never mind I can live with this.. Is not depends from us, so... :)
THANKS AGAIN

PostPosted: March 31st, 2014, 3:38 pm 

i think this happens because the function will execute late and when it execute the tag is filled with new data, so it will miss to get and show old data.
and it will happen for seconds and also for minutes.

since we know what is the problem and when it happens, we could fix the problem (i mean prevent it from happening visually).

i edited your code to prevent it from happening:
futuristic_clock_panel [bugfixed] [2014.04.01].xwp [208.69 KiB]
Downloaded 186 times

===============
to test it out:
1. if you launch it in XWidget> suspend the xwidget.exe process and after some seconds resume it.
2. if you launch it in Designer> suspend the xwtest.exe process and after some seconds resume it.
===============

Changes:
-Changed: Object name of s0 to s60 and m0 to m60 for easier scripting
-fixed: when the process hang or suspend for some time, clock miss to show those seconds and minutes

===============

PostPosted: March 31st, 2014, 4:07 pm 

1000 thanks hamid! Yes, I tested and seems that now works properly!!! :D :D

PostPosted: April 6th, 2014, 9:44 pm 

Ingenious...
You always light the image before each second!! Never thought this...