[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - scipt function/Android

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: scipt function/Android
PostPosted: March 12th, 2014, 5:39 pm 

I already made widgets with the function of "lighting" days like these for example:
(the Today-Day shows with different color)

http://jimking.deviantart.com/art/Angle ... -435947823
or
http://jimking.deviantart.com/art/Light ... -432343711

I always use a certain type of script. But I was wondering, since the Android app of XWidget doesn't support script codes, is there a way to reproduce this mode to Android..? :|

PostPosted: March 12th, 2014, 11:49 pm 

i have never used android mode and also i'm not so good in gui mode,
but i think this can be done by using more objects,
you can try these:
=================

1. first method:
using pngs with different colors as background of every day, you will need 7pngs for every day, name them like this:
---------
obj1-sat.png
obj2-sun.png
obj3-mon.png
obj4-tue.png
obj5-wed.png
obj6-thu.png
obj7.fri.png
--------------
then add 7 image object to the widget and put each of them at the back of every day, use binding core as datetimecore for every image objects and write like this in binding core data:
--------
obj1-${WeekShort}.png
obj2-${WeekShort}.png
obj3-${WeekShort}.png
obj4-${WeekShort}.png
obj5-${WeekShort}.png
obj6-${WeekShort}.png
obj7-${WeekShort}.png
-----------
since for example [obj1-tue.png] not exist so i think it shouldn't show any image so light effect will be disabled for non-exist images and you will finish it here.
but if there is a problem with non exist images you should add empty pngs and name them as above for those too.
=============

2. second method:
using two series of pngs that one have backgroung light and one doesn't have background light,
naming and binding is same as above,

==================

PostPosted: March 13th, 2014, 1:25 am 

PostPosted: March 13th, 2014, 4:01 am 

PostPosted: March 13th, 2014, 8:05 am 

Thanks hamid for your reply.. I'm sure that your ideas work! I hoped that there is a way to make it work with txts instead of pngs..
Making png is not so hard, but to match them is a certain design adding color etc, surely requires moreeee time than work with the design's elements..It should be a trick..
A good example is this Analog clock widget:
http://jimking.deviantart.com/art/Long- ... -420356344

It has the day/night function that works through the script.

Now check the attach file to see how the same widget works with the same way BUT without a script! Only renaming the images, doing some changes in the components of the widget and adding a core that is not in the default list. ;)
I hoped that there is something "similar" to this "mod"..

Attachments:
long_shadows_clock.xwp [134.19 KiB]
Downloaded 198 times

PostPosted: March 13th, 2014, 10:41 am 

this works exactly same way that i said to you in above post.
for your attachment:
there is 2 png files for each element that will change between day and night.
if you notice the binding core there is a hour_${dayOrNight}.png for hour and minute_${dayOrNight}.png for minute.

this (hour_${dayOrNight}.png) means that:
when ${dayOrNight} is [day] that sends [d]: result will be hour_d.png
when ${dayOrNight} is [night] that sends [n]: result will be hour_n.png

in this widget because of the 2 object that need to be replaced from day to night are in same place it doesn't need more objects and it will be replaced by first one.

but in your widget you have 7objects in different places so each one should get hidden on its place and not replaced by something on same place, so we use empty png to make it hidden and activate another object in another place.
(remember that we are using more than one object because we couldn't change the [position of object] on the fly without script.)

Last edited by hamid on March 13th, 2014, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2014, 11:24 am 

i also found another method right now;
test your widget that i edited right now and find what i did :D
angle_futuristic_widget_hd_(l)_[NonScriptVersion]_[2014.03.13].xwp [1.35 MiB]
Downloaded 202 times

PostPosted: March 13th, 2014, 12:08 pm 

PostPosted: March 13th, 2014, 2:23 pm 

I found a mistake for the week days (you added the "${WeekShort}" instead of "${WeekEnShort}". But still doesn't work properly..But we're close!
It shows like this:

Also as you noticed using txt, XWidget by default shows two days of the week Thursday and Thusday with 4 letters, Thur and Thus, that ruin the design..
At this point I think that the .pngs maybe are the only way..

I was thinking to create the 7 .pngs for the days taking screenshots from of the widget, cut the images,and place them to the right position. And then using the codes that you posted..

PostPosted: March 13th, 2014, 10:57 pm 

i'm using xwidget 1.8.8.1111 portable and everything working right.
plz say which version you're using to test it out.
if it display 4character for some days and 3 for others, i don't think it is standard way.
but nothing to worry i also have some idea for this. :D
the Full week one should be same in all versions of xwidget, so i used ${WeekEN} in this one to create short 3Char names manually. this should prevent any problem in the future Changes of Xwidget.
try this out:
angle_futuristic_widget_hd_(l)_[NonScriptVersion]_[test3]_[2014.03.14].xwp [1.35 MiB]
Downloaded 209 times

PostPosted: March 14th, 2014, 2:57 am 

Now it works!!! :D
You're my man!

What have you done to make it work!??? (I would like to port some more widgets that will be nice for the Android)

I was thinking you and meme, "promote" you to something like "coder" for this forum. You are very active, you always help users and first of all you know very well the script language. Unfortunately as a Mod I don't have the privileges to do it, but I'll talk to Tony and qiancang about this..
What do you think? :)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2014, 4:08 am 

PostPosted: March 14th, 2014, 4:37 am 

PostPosted: March 14th, 2014, 2:39 pm 

Hamid, unfortunately this mode doesn't work on Android... :(
(The meters are not removed yet)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2014, 3:15 pm 

I created manually 7 png files with the "light" days and I used the default "${WeekNumInt2}.png" code.
But seems that there is a bug or not good compatibility with the Android mode. Tested and doesn't work either..
The light days not appear..

THIS WORKS ON PC BUT NOT ON ANDROID...

PostPosted: March 14th, 2014, 3:54 pm 

PostPosted: March 14th, 2014, 6:11 pm 

PostPosted: March 15th, 2014, 1:07 am 

PostPosted: March 15th, 2014, 3:04 am 

PostPosted: March 15th, 2014, 3:48 am 

i think instead of code calling them tags is better

also i saw problems with some tags not working on pc with new formatting ${}
maybe this is same

you can try create a test widget with some text objects and assign each tag to them, to see which one in working or which one don't.
or you can wait.............. :arrow: for tony to answer your post :D

PostPosted: March 15th, 2014, 4:17 am 

PostPosted: March 15th, 2014, 5:14 am 

the only solution for android widget is using 7 images like this:

Attachments:
day_lighting.xwp [131.88 KiB]
Downloaded 202 times

PostPosted: March 15th, 2014, 5:53 am 

But with the 7 png images we will have the same problem again...
Tested and doesn't work.
If you read the previous posts you will understand the problem..
Thanks for the reply though!

PostPosted: March 15th, 2014, 7:03 am 

PostPosted: March 15th, 2014, 10:00 am