XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Stock price widget
PostPosted: January 24th, 2014, 8:31 am 

Hi all,

I don’t seem to find a stock price widget, is there one out there already by any chance?

If not, I have been trying to build one myself, but I can’t find my way around the api I’m afraid, this is all new to me.

So far I’ve figured out that I can download the price information in csv format using the yahoo api, for example: http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=^GSPC&f=snd1l1c

I’ve added a WebParserCore and it seems to be getting the data back fine.

What I’m struggling with is to figure out how to break that data down and assign it to different labels, and ideally change the label text colour to red if the change is negative, or green if the change is positive.

I’m pretty sure that for someone familiar with the api this is a 5 mins job, I was wondering if anyone could be so kind to create a basic example for me to build on.

Thank you so much for your help.

Post subject: Re: Stock price widget
PostPosted: January 29th, 2014, 10:35 pm 

i don't know how it should look
but here's the first step to make it:

Attachments:
stock_price_(0.0.1)_[2014.01.30].xwp [7.33 KiB]
Downloaded 254 times

PostPosted: March 21st, 2014, 5:40 pm 

I don't do any programming of Android widgets or anything like that, I'm a Hedge Fund manager who likes to try out the latest apps/widgets for my Android tablets and phones. I'm not sure if this is any help or can be used for what you're trying to do, but we use a Visual Basic module called ESQuotes in our models, and you can have approx. 52 data points pulled from either Yahoo or Google, using their software, it automatically update whatever information you're looking for. When you visit their website, they tell you that you need a membership in order to access all this data using their module, we have it impeded into our Excel models, but after 2-3 refreshes, the information comes through without the need of purchasing access. The only reason I'm telling you this is because I've been looking for an app, and a widget, that works efficiently and provides the data I'm interested in. I wish you luck and I hope to see a decent monitor out on X widgets soon.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 5:10 am 

Is it in ActiveX. We can pull data from automation compilant modules only