[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - e mail with notiifcations

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: December 8th, 2013, 3:34 am 

hello..is there any email widget which sounds when a new email has been sent? and if it is possible if there could be more than one email account...i have email to yahoo and gmail..ok i could run the same widget twice but i am interest for a widget with this function....now at the moment i use a widget called "three e-mails" and i am satisfied ..can i make it to sound every mail arrives?

Last edited by tasmani2606 on December 13th, 2013, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2013, 10:53 am 

PostPosted: December 12th, 2013, 11:52 am 

PostPosted: December 12th, 2013, 4:29 pm 

PostPosted: December 13th, 2013, 12:13 am 

http://tchiro.deviantart.com/art/Three- ... -295770133

PostPosted: December 15th, 2013, 2:47 am 

Attachments:
three_e-mail_with_notification.xwp [412.08 KiB]
Downloaded 352 times

PostPosted: December 15th, 2013, 5:46 am 

you are great...it is exactly what i wanted..thanks a lot

PostPosted: December 15th, 2013, 12:38 pm 

i was harry to say it's ok... there has been a problem... the widget is ok and more than ok is as i said exactly what i want beacause i tried it to gmail and i was pleased but i noticed that the second email at yahoo was not loaded...i use other widget and the same result...i went to previous versio of xwidget the same... there didn't write how many emails i have to my mailbox of yahoo...i went to account settings but i hadn't changed anything so i think i didn't do anything bad...

PostPosted: December 15th, 2013, 3:25 pm 

PostPosted: December 15th, 2013, 11:15 pm 

to answer to your questions...first i know it isn't problem of widget i tried it with another widget also... i could say that until 2 days ago i was receiving emails info from yahoo from xwidget... yes i can use yahoo mail from my browser... i put the same setting as the previous widget... the settings are for POP3 Server name because my mail is @yahoo.gr i put "pop.mail.yahoo.gr" and at the Mail client or URL i put "http://mail.google.gr/" my username without @yahoo.gr and not capital and password

PostPosted: December 16th, 2013, 8:00 pm 

also try these:

1. "pop.mail.yahoo.com": this is the main server of yahoo, maybe it works.

2. do you try with one mail running or more?
>try only with one mail running, also make sure one email widget is running.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2013, 11:36 am 

no i couldn't fix the matter...i sent email to yahoo maybe they would know something but no luck... itried many different settings no result always shows -- at the mail

PostPosted: December 18th, 2013, 11:43 am 

that's the answer from yahoo

POP server settings

Want to access Yahoo Mail from an email program like Outlook or Mac Mail? Here's the settings you'll need.

Incoming Mail (POP) Server - Requires SSL

Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 995
Requires SSL: Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - Requires TLS

Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 465 or 587
Requires SSL: Yes
Requires authentication: Yes

If your POP client doesn't offer TLS, you'll still be able to use SSL.

Login info - Requires authentication

Email address: Your full email address (name@domain.com.)
Password: Your account's password.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2013, 6:58 am 

PostPosted: December 20th, 2013, 11:34 pm 

i give up... i have made all the possible combinations but always the same result...i will not bother anymore thank you

PostPosted: December 29th, 2013, 5:17 pm 

can you add notification sound to razorgmail pls.

PostPosted: December 30th, 2013, 8:26 am 

PostPosted: January 12th, 2014, 6:22 pm 

i didn't noticed that pop3mailcore will save username and password to the theme file,
but it encoded to some other characters;
also it saves them without any confirmation in setting window or any notification
so be aware of that, and don't share your theme file with anyone else

and another thing that i didn't noticed was that it will reload previous mailboxes on restart
so i decided to make a new release:

==================
three e-mail with notification v2 [2014.01.13]

here's the new features:

1. on restart of widget it will save and restore the email counts and last changed time

2. added green color to the progress animation to better be displayed while working

3. [bugfixed] when using same mailbox for another email Server or with another username wrong notification could be happen, because of old counts exist for another email account
>now it will reset the previous counting on username change or on email Server change

4. [bugfixed] progress animation in previous version only works for mailbox1
>now it works with all 3 mailboxes

5. some optimization to the code (most of the things in code changed)

===================
please test it out and report if any bugs
===================

Attachments:
three_e-mail_with_notification_v2.xwp [413.58 KiB]
Downloaded 294 times

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 11:39 am 

ok man good changes.... but the problem with yahoo still remains :cry: i didn't sent my theme i sent the link from devianart

PostPosted: January 24th, 2014, 12:56 am 

Here is the link for razormail

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/577 ... rgmail.xwp

PostPosted: May 20th, 2014, 4:55 pm 

Hey Guys, I noticed an error in the "Email Account Settings", i think the error is in the pop3mailcore itself
cause i checked and the POP3 Server name for yahoo is "pop.mail.yahoo.com" but the "Email Account Settings" shows ".cn" at the end.

https://ph.help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/pop-s ... sions=true

don't know if that's the issue, just thought maybe its something silly like a typo.

Edit:
I tried it, but doesn't work either, nor does Hotmail, is Gmail the only one working?

PostPosted: May 21st, 2014, 1:15 am 

PostPosted: May 21st, 2014, 6:43 am 

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2014, 10:12 pm 

three_e-mail_with_notification_v3 [2014.06.03]:
============
new Features:
[bug fixed]: color effect doesn't work on update
[bug fixed]: bad linking of objects
[Added]: default to [onCountChange] and [ColorEffect] Enabled

Edit: Attachment updated due to bad upload
three_e-mail_with_notification_v3 [2014.06.03].xwp [413.59 KiB]
Downloaded 285 times

=============================
and here's another one:
=========

razorgmail_with_notification_v1 [2014.06.03]:
===================

i just edited the Object names and change some objects to be compatible with my old script code,
i didn't rewrited the code, i just removed some extra things from the code
so the code should work ok with this widget

sorry to be so late
plz test it out and report the bugs here

=======================

Features:
===============
1. Notify on:
>count of emails changes (more or less)
>count of emails increases (only more)
---------------
2. types of notification (you can change them through right click menu):
>ColorEffect
>TrayBaloon
>Sound
>ConfirmBox
---------------
3. save and restore the email counts and last changed time on widget restart
4. you can change the "sound.wav" in the widget folder with your own wav file with the same name
=======================

razorgmail_with_notification_v1.1 [2014.06.03]:
[Added]: Text shadow for the mail Counter

razorgmail_with_notification_v1.1 [2014.06.03].xwp [415.21 KiB]
Downloaded 275 times

PostPosted: June 5th, 2014, 12:31 am 

Mail core doesn't support SSL. GMail core works only on web feeds. You SHOULD NOT USE IT AS ALL DATA IS TRANSFERRED IN PLANTEXT!
See: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3000