[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Suggestion: clocks

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Suggestion: clocks
PostPosted: June 13th, 2013, 7:45 pm 

Hi,

here are some suggestions:

1 ▲ Name: Ofform Stainless Steel Clock
The shadow at the edge on the right is a little too strong.
The pattern of the face is not consistent, the top is too bright.

2 ▲ Name: IBM Clock
Might be tricky to get rid of the reflection on the left hand side.
The numbers 2, 3 and 4 are a bit blurry compared to the others.

3 ▲ Name: M&Co 5 O'Clock Wall Clock
The frame is a little thicker on the top compared to the bottom.
Originally the clock only had the number 5, but I added 9 and 12 just for fun.
Not sure about the type of font though.

4 ▲ Name: Lemnos Clock
I like the 3d numbers, but they are faaar too close to each other!
Might be difficult to correct the shadow on the top-left hand side.

5 ▲ Name: Bai Designer Wall Clock "Dot Zero"
I like the dial with the numbers and the orange hub in the middle.
But I really don't like the cheap and odd looking hands.

6 ▲ Name: Bai Designer Clock
I like the shade of light green, the hub and the slim frame.
Only the shadow on the top-left is a little annoying.

7 ▲ Name: Amber
Clock in a warm color, reminds me on the sun.
No frame and a rather thin hand for seconds.

8 ▲ Name: Bai Designer Clock
Hub and both of the black hands look boring.
Actually they look terrible.

9 ▲ Name: Bai Designer Clock
Dial has no bars, only numbers. Numbers maybe a little too small.
Nice creme color, nice hands, but the frame is too dark on the bottom-right.

10 ▲ Name: Plywood Clock
Dial, numbers, hands and even the frame seem to flow together.
A nice, harmonic looking clock.

One word about the right size.
I don't know what size of clocks people usually prefer on their desktop, but I found approx. 240x240 a nice size to be for my eyes.
The problem with large xwidgets is that decreasing the resolution (resampling) within the menu usually results in a substantial loss of image quality (interpolation).
Would I be able to bypass this problem by resizing an image to the desired resolution before creating a widget?

Post subject: Re: Suggestion: clocks
PostPosted: June 13th, 2013, 9:22 pm 

11 ▲ Name: Mono Clock
It doesn't get any neater.

12 ▲ Name: Newgate Modern Clock
Newgate has a whole range of interesting clocks.
Mind the hand for minutes, it will be hard to extract the top of it.

13 ▲ Name: Newgate Modern Clock
Beautiful color variation.
Same problem with the top of the hand for minutes.

14 ▲ Name: Newgate Modern Clock
Just anothe color variation.

15 ▲ Name: Orolodiana
The outer ring shows you the hour while the inner circle with the thinner black stripe across shows you the minute.
Unfortunately the picture is awefully skewed but I like the concept. Maybe someone talented can re-create the design.

16 ▲ Name: Seiko Wall Clock, designed by Naoto Fukasawa
A harmonic looking clock.
Please don't replace these hands because they make the clock special.

17 ▲ Name: Tone Wall Clock
Not sure if anyone like this one. Too dark, isn't it?

18 ▲ Name: Newgate Watford
Interesting looking clock.
Both have reflections unfortunately.
Original picture size is huge.

19 ▲ Name: Earth Clock Pink
Although the color looks a bit gay, but I like the concept.

20 ▲ Name: Carl Jorgen 'Glass' wall clock CJ142
I like face and dial but the hands are impossible.
They are ugly as bitch!

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 8:23 am 

Some of them are really cool! ;)
One little clarification: The various shadows on the clocks give the 3D effect on a clock.. I never thought these shadows! Without them they show as plain clock on a paper... Shadows=depth=good looking widget.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 9:29 am 

Hi jimking,

we've already spoken about: different people = different taste.
But I like to know which clocks you find interesting. Just list the numbers.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 11:36 am 

I know that we've already spoken about this Cov, but I just told you this not because of my "taste" but because it has to be like this! For having better results and more REALISTIC designs. You want this, right?? And you know that I already do a LOT of practice with analog clocks... Trust me! ;)

These are the clocks that I find more interesting..:
3, 5, 6, 10 ,20, 22, 23

About the shadows for understand better what I mean just compare the clocks 20 and 5...

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 12:36 pm 

Hi jimking,

I do accept that you have a different opinion than I, but you stubbornly refuse to accept mine.

Don't you realize that you keep on repeating yourself again and again all the time?

Please stop doing this!

How old are you?

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 1:11 pm 

Hey man! What happened to you.????? :shock:

CHILL OUT!!!

When you post these clocks here you want someone to reproduce them R I G H T????
Or make other ones! No need to be Einstein to understand that SHADOWS=DEPTH=3D=BETTER LOOKING
Maybe you don't understand what I'm saying! DO YOU WANT REALISTIC designs yes or no?
I DIDN'T TELL YOU THAT YOUR OPINION IS WRONG, but I think that you posted these here to having some others opinions or NOT?
NO ONE REFUSE YOUR OPINION!
In the other hand not always your requests can be done and is not so simple as you think to delete all these shadows.
Why you don't try to make ONE clock to check it yourself!?
Why don't you listen someones opinion who has more experience than you?

...and DO NOT OFFEND!!!
Believe me I not so young as you think....You only see a nickname here nothing more.

All here we make these widgets just for FUN and share FREE with others!
We don't make money from these so really I don't understand your mood to bawling for some unreal stupid clocks..
Read my signature. Maybe can helps you understand........

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 7:25 pm 

PostPosted: June 15th, 2013, 3:29 am 

OMG you are sooooooooo T I R I N G HEAVY and INHIBITED..............
From your answers cleary you don't want OR you can't understand.
And from what pms on DA you understand mr Einstein that I'm young or not so smart??
I'm 32 years old, and I deal with computers since the '86 that maybe you were not even born yet! Last year I took the degree of the Medical University of Siena-Italy and I just have a little free time because I'm waiting the documents from the hospital that I'll go.
Maybe too smart for YOU!!! :evil: I'm writing all these not because I want to advertise myself, but because gives me on my nerves see ignorant people that can freely judge without know anything about the other!
You continue to insult me and really I don't understand why! I do not know what you are missing from life but you better check it out because this is absolutely abnormal!
As I said all here make this for FUN!!! This is NOT my JOB! Is like a hobby in my free time, nothing more.
The things are simple! The better solution for you is to learn how to make widgets, post your own, with your own taste and no need to make requests or break the ..... to the others!

PostPosted: June 15th, 2013, 3:51 am 

PostPosted: June 15th, 2013, 4:01 am 

I already talked to the Admins and Tony about you and we'll see who will piss off for good....

PostPosted: June 15th, 2013, 8:06 am 

come down,please .Stop the meaningless war of words.
jimking if you don't like Cov's design,you can keep silent and go far away this post.
Cov jimking just made some his opinion and there is nothing malicious.

sorry about my poor english!

DeviantArt:

PostPosted: June 15th, 2013, 10:51 am 

PostPosted: June 16th, 2013, 1:30 pm 

I haven't seen a clock like this one yet:

The small dial on the left counts 10 seconds while the dial on the right counts 1 second for every round.
The clock itself is not very attractive but afaik xwidget has problems with smooth movements of the second hand.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 5:56 am