[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - I can't find Widgets after downloading them

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 2:29 am 

Hello

I have purchased the pro licence but I couldn't find the widgets after downloading them, I saw a progress bar and then when it reached 100% it says installing. and then I couldn't find the widgets.

* I tried to double click the XWidget icon in the task bar but there was no widgets.
* I tried to right cloick the icon then select manage widgets but I couldn't find any thing there also.
* I tried to log out/log in, and i've even uninstalled and reinstalled the app but that didn't fix my problem.

Please help

Attachments:
1.png
1.png [ 8.43 KiB | Viewed 2672 times ]
2.png
2.png [ 288.49 KiB | Viewed 2672 times ]

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 1:36 pm 

Hello and thank you for your support. As I see there are not even the built-in ones so maybe there is a problem with the installation in your pc.
1. Your antivirus blocked some files from installation?
The program is 100% safe and clean but sometimes happens.
2. Try to re-install the program from the scratch
3. All the widgets are stored in my docs/XWidget/widgets folder.
Can you see the folders there?
4. Right click on the dock of the widgets and press "refresh widgets list" or from the xw's icon tray select "restart"

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 9:00 pm 

Attachments:
4.png
4.png [ 7.09 KiB | Viewed 2667 times ]
3.png
3.png [ 28.65 KiB | Viewed 2667 times ]

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2019, 2:27 am 

Really strange.. I'm not the developer of XWidget but after all these years of use I'm pretty familiar with the app.

The "Eker" are the built-in widgets that come with the installation. But since they're also "invisible" means that the default files of the program are not loading properly. That's why I was thinking about "missing installation files' or something that stops XWidget/Windows from reading them. I'm almost 100% sure for this..

Questions:
1. This is the first time you run XWidget to your pc? I'm asking to understand if XW didn't work for you from the first run or later, after a windows update or a registry clean proccess. Often Windows receive buggy updates, that broke apps and a restore point fixes the issue.
XWidget tested and run fine on Windows 7,8,8.1,10

2. Could you please provide info about your XWidget's version and your pc (windows version etc)

3. Have you downloaded the program from here?
http://xwidget.com/xwidget.html
OR you use the "Steam version"? (this one works only through Steam program)

4. Have you tried the free version first or better the portable one?
(btw we recently updated our main page but the developer removed the "portable version" link)
So you can find it from our page in DeviantArt
https://www.deviantart.com/xwidgetsoft/ ... -264005766
The paid version (registration code) unlocks the access to all the gallery, but the main functionality and program files are 100% the same.
So if the above versions worked , should be the same for the paid one.

Test:
- Try to unistall and remove completely XWidget from your macchine. Remove any folders from My Docs and Program Files, and run CCleaner for example to clean the registry. (you can keep a backup of your downloaded widgets by saving the My docs>Xwidget>Widgets folder.
- Restart your pc , disable Antivirus and make a clean installation.
Keep the Antivirus disable and run Xwidget.
Results?

PM: As a final test I can even send you my entire XWidget's folder from program files to see if it's missing something there for you.

------------------------------
All the above is for the XW version downloaded from here
http://xwidget.com/xwidget.html
NOT the Steam version.
As I said all the apps purchased with Steam, run only by running Steam platform first. But the main functionality for the rest part is the same.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2019, 12:16 am 

Attachments:
6.png
6.png [ 100.09 KiB | Viewed 2654 times ]
5.png
5.png [ 40.67 KiB | Viewed 2654 times ]

PostPosted: December 4th, 2019, 1:49 am 

Ok. Let me recheck and compare my program files and version with yours. I have a secondary pc with win10 and I have no problems. Same thing for the Developer.

Later today I will send you my entire XWidget's folder to replace/ overwrite yours. (all the files)
Please check your inbox.

Have you tried to do the "test part"??
I'm trying to figure out the real reason of your issue since the app has compatibility with win10, so should work fine.

Let's do these final tests and if you still have problems please contact the Dev for a refund. I can't think more reasons about your problem, other than broken/blocked installation, compatibility issue with a windows update (?)
The developer is out because he has to deal with some serious family matters ,but I have already contacted him about you and the possibility of a refund.

PostPosted: December 5th, 2019, 3:05 am 

We have the same XW version but my program files folder is different from yours. Maybe because of different Windows version(?)
I have Win7 x32 Home Premium.
I will send you my entire XWidget forlder. Please overwrite ALL of the files inside.
I have modified the dock with my style. I think it's better and more clean than the current one.

PostPosted: December 5th, 2019, 3:25 am 

Azus9 please check your inbox!
Thank you

PostPosted: December 9th, 2019, 1:37 am 

Many Thanks Jimking for your follow up and support,

I have tried to overwrite the folders and all of its content with the content that you provide, I saw a different looking doc (without the dots pattern) however, the issue is still there I cant find any widget.
I think it is time to proceed with the refund process, can you help me to contact the developer for that?

Thanks again and have a nice day

PostPosted: December 9th, 2019, 9:40 am 

I'm sorry that you're still having this issue. I can't help you more since I'm not the programmer..
Thank you for your support and we apologize for the trouble. We'll looking forward to test again trying to find the solution.
Independently from the refund, I'm pretty sure that the dev will contact you in the near future to help him find what causes this problem since the program supports win 7,8, 8.1 and 10.
Please contact the dev Tony through this email:
xwidgetsoft@gmail.com

He will check it and reply asap..