[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Current temperature of weather widget is not displayed!

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: November 26th, 2018, 1:16 am 

For these weeks, the widget of accuweather core does not show current temperature, but the other weather informations look well.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2018, 1:39 am 

1. It's a particular widget that has the problem? Because I always have a weather widget on my homescreen and I don't notice any problems..
2. It's about pc or Android version?
Can you attach a screenshot from your screen..?

PostPosted: November 26th, 2018, 1:53 am 

The widgets relating to weather arer seemed to show this error.
I attached your recent weathe widget and weather setting, and my location is "Kumamoto,Japan"

Attachments:
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg [ 48.74 KiB | Viewed 4288 times ]
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg [ 33.04 KiB | Viewed 4288 times ]

PostPosted: November 26th, 2018, 3:10 am 

Seems that is temp problem of Accuweather server in your region.
Tested on my phone and pc using your location and all work fine.
Also be sure to have the latest version installed

Attachments:
aaa.jpg
aaa.jpg [ 150.61 KiB | Viewed 4287 times ]
Screenshot_20181126-130334.png
Screenshot_20181126-130334.png [ 946.73 KiB | Viewed 4287 times ]
Screenshot_20181126-130324.png
Screenshot_20181126-130324.png [ 171.83 KiB | Viewed 4287 times ]

PostPosted: November 26th, 2018, 4:35 am 

I checked the weather widget on my other PC, and the result was the same. Also I set other Japanese cities like Tokyo, Osaka and etc, and the results were also the same.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2018, 5:36 am 

PostPosted: November 26th, 2018, 6:16 am 

PostPosted: November 29th, 2018, 4:56 pm 

This problem still appears. So I checked the new 1.9.22 andd old 1.9.20 version (zip version), and found that the temporary files in xwidget\AppData\Cache are differently created.
Old version 2 files (AccuWeatherCore2_224428.~tmp and AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp) exist
new version only AccuWeatherCore2_224428.~tmp (no AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp)

In this case, old version shows current temperature but new version does not show it.

In the new version, I reset the location and re-activate Xwidget, but no current temperature.

For developing engineers, could you explain the functions of these 2 files? Are they really temporary files?
And I think the file extension ~tmp for these files are not preferable because they might be cleared by system cleanup utility like CCleaner!

Attachments:
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg [ 51.23 KiB | Viewed 4245 times ]

PostPosted: November 30th, 2018, 2:11 am 

Try to install again XWidget and put XWidget folder to the exception list of your registry cleaner program, because some programs delete even necessary files of some other programs to run.
Personally I use CCleaner and I never had problem with the temperature visualization of XWidget.

PostPosted: November 30th, 2018, 4:15 pm 

Thanks for your comments. I checked CCleaner does not delete AccuWeatherCore2_224428.~tmp and AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp files. But i will set to exclude the folder.
This morning I checked the weather widget by eleleting AccuWeatherCore2_224428.~tmp and AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp, and activate the weather widget and the result is as follows;

1)Both AccuWeatherCore2_224428.~tmp and AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp are deleted
Current temperature is not displayed but other infomation seems to be OK.
2)AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp is deleted
Same as above 1) (No current temperature)
3)AccuWeatherCore2_224428.~tmp is deleted
Current temerature is displayed normally OK.

in case 1) and 2), AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp is not created and only AccuWeatherCore2_224428.~tmp is created.

So I think AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp file is essential for displaying the current temperature.

So I would like to know :;

When and how is AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp created?

So culd you please transfer this problem and posted infomation to the Xwidget developping engineers? I would like to hear the comments from them.

PostPosted: November 30th, 2018, 11:34 pm 

XWidget comes from two persons, Tony and me.
I will pass your report to Tony who is the main programmer/coder and ask to reply with more details..

EDIT: Tony told me that these temps are created when the xwidget of your pc can't connect to accuweather server.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2018, 6:30 am 

Is it true?
My PCs has these 2 .~tmp files always and also in other PC yhose files are created. I asked my friend and he also confirmed them!
Mr.Jimking, how about your xwidget cache folder, is it clean?

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2018, 11:38 am 

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2018, 3:04 pm 

Thanks for your comments.

I tried to recreate this situation on my other PC which has no installation of xwidget before and it is very clean.

I show the snapshot for initial settein

1)initial xwidget start - it shows first run of xwidget, no setting of location

2)initial start but no current temp - weather detail after setting to my location (Kumamoto-shi), no current temperature

3)cache files at initial startup - cache files at this moment, only AccuWeatherCore2_224428.~tmp and no AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp

4)copy AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp from other PC - I copied copy AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp from other PC

5)current temperature appeared - After the copy, I run Xwidget and it shows the current temperature.

This is the same as what happens on my PC in problem.

So I think AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp file has important role in the weather widget;

1) AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp is not created in the manual setting of weather location.
2) How AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp is created?
3) AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp and AccuWeatherCore2_224428.~tmp are purely text files (can be seen by editor) and so they should be ini file or txt file extension to avoid the deletion by clean up utility such as ccleaner.

Attachments:
1)initial xwidget start.png
1)initial xwidget start.png [ 277.69 KiB | Viewed 4192 times ]
2)initial start but no current temp.png
2)initial start but no current temp.png [ 379.72 KiB | Viewed 4192 times ]
3)cache files at initial startup.png
3)cache files at initial startup.png [ 86.25 KiB | Viewed 4192 times ]
4)copy AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp from other PC.png
4)copy AccuWeatherCore2SK_224428.~tmp from other PC.png [ 140.2 KiB | Viewed 4192 times ]
5)current temperature appeared.png
5)current temperature appeared.png [ 801.31 KiB | Viewed 4192 times ]