XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: July 13th, 2017, 12:11 am 

Is there a default alias/symbol/lexical/logical for the user widget folder?

In the Yahoo widget there is a system.widgetDataFolder that points to the user widget default folder location.

It might point to "E:\Program Files (x86)\XWidget\AppData\Widgets\steampunk nixie tube xwidget" -or wherever else the widgets are installed by default. You use this instead of guessing the default folder name and getting it wrong...

Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber on July 13th, 2017, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 13th, 2017, 4:08 pm 

Do you mean like....
WidgetPath=const\column{}\style{+B}WidgetPath\style{-B}:String//current path gadget
AppPath=const\column{}\style{+B}AppPath\style{-B}:String//current path where the main program
AppDataPath=const\column{}\style{+B}AppDataPath\style{-B}:String//Barracuda AppData directory to store data
WindowsPath=const\column{}\style{+B}WindowsPath\style{-B}:String//current system where the path,such as:c:\windows \
SystemPath=const\column{}\style{+B}SystemPath\style{-B}:String//system32 path where the current system,such as:c:\windows\system32 \
SystemDiskPath=const\column{}\style{+B}SystemDiskPath\style{-B}:String//current drive name where the operating system
MyMusicPath=const\column{}\style{+B}MyMusicPath\style{-B}:String//"My Music" folder where
MyDocumentPath=const\column{}\style{+B}MyDocumentPath\style{-B}:String//"My Documents" folder where
DesktopPath=const\column{}\style{+B}DesktopPath\style{-B}:String//"desktop" path
TempPath=const\column{}\style{+B}TempPath\style{-B}:String//system "Temp" directory path

PostPosted: July 13th, 2017, 11:08 pm 

Very good. The lack of documentation for the widget always leaves me cold and wanting... not knowing where to look. Then I find this part IS documented...

Thanks Meme.