XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2017, 3:40 pm 

Hello!

I send a new topic because somebody maybe have trouble with downloading a new widget using a browser. I thought i was unable to download because i should
buy XWidget Pro 1.96 once again... That happens if you use Google and search for 'xwidget jim king' and you find a widget without direct download.
Please pay attention that you have installed the latest version of XWidget Pro (if necessary download and install once again!)and that download is only possible
if you are using the Taskbar, then the icon XWidget with right mouse-click and the first topic 'overview widget'.
That leads you by opening a browser to the page 'galerie widget'. I will show what happens (using the widget Roundlinear) if you push the green button 'Download'.
An error message appears? Select ok. Go to the green button 'Download' again, select with right mouse-click the button. Now you are able to copy the link, select
your browser (i use firefox) and copy the link in the adress bar. Confirm with Enter. Now die file' roundlinear.xwp' appears and you can save or open it like it was
before XWidget Pro!
>>> I checked today that new widgets are not longer available on the homepage of XWidget - only after you paid for XWidget Pro and following the way like i described...
>>> It should be possible to show this on the homepage but not in a topic...

gekürzte deutsche Version
Sie haben Probleme beim Download von neuen Widgets unter XWidget? Ich bin mir schon unfähig vorgekommen weil ich beim Download-Versuch über einen Browser
für XWidget 1.96 erneut bezahlen sollte... Wie umgeht man das Problem wenn kein direkter Download angeboten wird? Voraussetzung ist die letzte aktuelle Version
von XWidget Pro. Der Weg führt über die Taskleiste, das Icon XWidget (einen Rechts-Klick darauf!) und dann oben 'Übersicht Widget'. Nun erscheint die Seite Galerie Widget.
Ich habe mich für das Widget Roundlinear entschieden und zeige wie man vorgeht wenn hier der Download mit einer Fehlermeldung scheitert. OK klicken, den grünen Button
'Download' nun erneut mit der rechten Maustaste markieren. Den Link kopieren. Einen Browser (z.B. Firefox) öffnen und den Link in die Adresszeile einkopieren. Mit Enter
bestätigen. Jetzt erscheint die Datei 'roundlinear.xwp' die entweder gespeichert oder geöffnet werden kann. So war es ja vor XWidget Pro!

>>> Ich habe heute erst gemerkt dass die neuen Widgets nicht mehr auf der Homepage von XWidget verfügbar sind - nur nachdem für XWidget Pro bezahlt wurde und
nach meiner Beschreibung vorgegangen wird...
>>> Es sollte möglich sein dieses auf der Homepage darzustellen und nicht erst in einem Forum...

regards / Grüße
Gerald 2017

PostPosted: October 14th, 2017, 2:40 am 

The interface to the gallery and the restrictions are a little clunky at the moment. That is because Tony has amended the existing gallery and engine to correspond with a new approach, that of home/pro. Things still haven't been worked out properly, not just yet.

You can assume that the newer version will have a better interface and some of those problems will be resolved. At least we hope so.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2017, 7:09 am 

Hey together,

i know that it's a long and hard way to rebuild it. I wrote the topic not as criticism but as help to download more widgets because i like your work!
XWidgets is one of the best software i ever tested and i will continue to use it - because it's easy to use and beautiful too! Thank you!