[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Search function in the XWidget Gallery for Windows

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: September 10th, 2018, 10:22 am 

Can we please have a search function in the XWidget Gallery for Windows.
Or a filter function or categories?

Going through 177 pages with 1589 items is not fun :(

(And an improvement of the search function of the forum? Now there are a lot of search terms that are to 'common' to give any results (Like Search and Gallery in this case) so I couldn't check if this question had been asked before)

PostPosted: September 10th, 2018, 10:51 am 

Search function has been added for the built-in online gallery. Right click on the XWidget icon tray and select "More Widgets..." option

Yes the search function of the forum needs improvement. We have already add it in our to do list.
Thank you

PostPosted: September 10th, 2018, 11:33 am 

Where/How do I search ?

Sorry, but I don't see it.

Attachments:
XWidgetGallery.jpg
XWidgetGallery.jpg [ 172.1 KiB | Viewed 6932 times ]

PostPosted: September 10th, 2018, 2:13 pm 

As I said the Search function has been added for the built-in online gallery months ago:

Make sure to have XWidget v1.99+ installed. Right click on the icon tray and click on "More Widgets..."

The search field is placed on the top right

PostPosted: September 11th, 2018, 12:02 am 

I'm very sorry but I have version 1.9.16.818 (the latest ?) When I click 'Update' I get a message stating that I already have the latest version.

And when I click 'More widgets' I get the dialog as attached to my previous post (without categories or search).

Attachments:
Update.jpg
Update.jpg [ 17.96 KiB | Viewed 6923 times ]
About.jpg
About.jpg [ 16.05 KiB | Viewed 6923 times ]

PostPosted: September 11th, 2018, 5:42 am 

I asked from the dev to check your report. This is really strange.! Please wait for his reply.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2018, 6:08 am 

I suppose the build-in gallery is the same as the webgallery at http://xwidget.com/xwidget/plus/list.php?tid=1 ?
If I open that page in my browser there also is no categories or search.

I'm using Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0 on Windows 10 Home 64b Version 1803 build 17134.228
(Hope this information helps...)

Attachments:
WebGallery.jpg
WebGallery.jpg [ 209.19 KiB | Viewed 6915 times ]

PostPosted: September 14th, 2018, 11:21 pm 

No. For built in gallery I mean the gallery of the program that opens through the XW' s icon tray.
About the search field though I contacted the dev and yes there was a problem. He accidentally posted the older version. He will fix it and reupload the right one today. Sorry for the problem

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2018, 5:55 am 

Searching on Windows still doesn't work.
Neither with the internal XWidget galley or the website on http://www.xwidget.com/xwidget/plus/list.php?tid=1

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2018, 9:09 am 

About the browser gallery this is not a bug because simply the search field for doesn't exist (at least for now)
About the built in gallery, Tony told me that he has already uploaded the right fixed package. Have you downloaded again the installer and reinstall the program from the main page xwidget.com?
Have also you tested the portal version?

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2018, 7:20 am 

Ahhh,
I was waiting for a new version. I downloaded and installed the same version and now it works!

Great!, thank you
:)

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2018, 9:02 am 

You're welcome :)