[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Windows XP help with widget install

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: April 16th, 2018, 2:14 am 

Hi everyone just bought the xwidget pro package on my win 7 laptop I've no problem, but on my windows XP pro laptops both identical the widget site isn't installing the widgets, well just the odd one most download but don't install it just sits at 100% but nothing appears or happens.

I've tried the portable and full install but neither install it just hangs, it detects previous install attempts but just sits there at 100% download and nothing else happens.

Can anyone advise as to what's going on and a fix for this.

The standard widgets work fine and so does a few widgets in the past but not widgets seems to install on either machines software.

Also tried online download, but asks you to pay for the xwidget program which I've already done. Isn't there a login to access the other widgets as I can't see this on the website widget pages.

Thanks for any help with this. Loving the look of these widgets.

Many thanks

PostPosted: April 16th, 2018, 6:49 am 

I will pass your report to the dev kash2001.
Also try to contact @yereverluvinuncleber who has an old windows version too if I remember well..

PostPosted: April 16th, 2018, 7:22 am 

Thank you Jimking much appreciated, I do not know why the original widgets that come with it run well, and only 1 o 2 widgets from the market place actually install properly and run ok and there after they widget tries to install but just hangs at that point of being 100% but does not install.

Running Win XP Pro ver 2002 serv pack 3.

Latest Xwidget program from website.

Look forward to any assistance.

ATB

PostPosted: April 16th, 2018, 8:23 am 

I have just downloaded one of the free xwidgets at Deviantart site in zip format and it installs and runs ok. It is the xwidget gallery that is failing to install the widgets downloading yes, but not installing and without any error message.

They cant be downloaded as a zip file from xwidgets site which is a shame, nor is there a a good search function for widgets that I have seen. I am trying to install the yahoo weather widget and memories widget none install and run. Is there any zip files for these and or a work around for this, funny enough quartz clock and google search did actually install the other day, all very odd.

Many thanks

PostPosted: April 17th, 2018, 11:25 am 

Thank you for the details. This will help the dev to understand. But since you can install and run external widgets I think that is just your account.
The online gallery has a search field to search.
For the yahoo widgets I don't know. Is a dead project from many years now and I don't use it any more..

PostPosted: April 17th, 2018, 12:38 pm 

Hi Jimking again many thanks for your input, I could not see a search function on the website for xwidget in the gallery page. On Deviantart site there is a search function. In the gallery app within widgetx there is also a search function but of course nothing installs from within this app or browser. So I'm limited to the Website but most widgets require you to sign in which takes you to the xwidget payment page and not a login.

The only login is on the gallery browser within the app.

My apologies if I have missed the online website list of widgets login or search function but within Firefox I cant see it. I've just updated Firefox to the latest version so I'll check again.

Thanks again for your input.

Atb

PostPosted: April 18th, 2018, 6:24 pm 

The search field exists in the built in gallery kash.
This was added in v1.98 + free gallery. So be sure to have the latest version installed
http://xwidget.com/ver.html

PostPosted: April 18th, 2018, 11:15 pm 

Hi Jimking yes agreed I have that search function, but that isn't on the web technically is through the program, which doesn't allow the install, which is the problem...

On the web using Firefox there is no search function, nor can you login to download it just requests that you pay for the program. Rather than a website login that allows download of the widgets.

If I can provide any further info please let me know, as the widgets look great but can't get them on the system without a manual download mainly from the other site.

Many thanks.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2018, 11:30 pm 

I will send a pm to Tony to check your account details and re-activate the pro for you.. He'll contact you asap

PostPosted: April 19th, 2018, 1:19 am 

PostPosted: April 20th, 2018, 2:24 pm 

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the help too much appreciated. Ok the file landed up in the portable cache and it comes up with an error message when installing as follows...

UnCompress Widget package failed

The widgets that Ive got from the web download all work on these machines fine, but the gallery just shows the download completion bar as 100% but does not install. It seems to choke at the point of installing.

Look forward to any advise as the only way to get them across is by downloading them on a win 7 laptop and moving the files across via usb disk.

Many thanks

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2018, 10:13 am 

Hi any further thoughts or update on the installation issue in Win XP on these machines.

Many thanks

PostPosted: April 27th, 2018, 2:43 am 

Just to let you all know win xp pro install of widgets now works fine. Thanks for the update although after install it does clear the old widgets, I know you can back them up, but its a shame to start again or restore rather than leave things as they are.

But good work and thanks for the fix. A happy user again.

ATB

PostPosted: April 27th, 2018, 7:01 am 

Normally you have to overwrite the previous version with the new one. I don't know if this happens only on WinXP but I always install over the old version and I never loose my widgets! The main Widgets folder remains always untouched. The only thing is that the built in widgets are installed again. But all the widgets installed to your pc remain in place..
Anyway I'm glad that works now for you.