[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - ***XWIDGET GENERAL BUGS LIST***

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: June 28th, 2017, 3:24 am 

CREATED ON 28/06/2017 - EDITED 13/02/2018

THIS TOPIC IS CREATED TO COLLECT IN ONE PLACE ALL THE BUGS REPORTED UNTIL NOW (PC VERSION).
THIS WILL HELP A LOT THE DEVELOPER HAVING A MORE DETAILED AND EASY APPROACH WITH THE DEVELOPMENT, OPTIMIZING THE WHOLE PROGRAM AND THE DESIGNING PROCESS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATETIME CORE

1) OS Uptime visualization:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3124
The numbers during counting appear without the first "0" value causing misalignments
Should be like this for all the parts: 00h 00m 00s
FIXED: NO

2) Rotator movement:
The rotator movement needs some optimization because sometimes the seconds clock hand does a small "bounce" skipping 1sec.

WEATHER CORE

1) The "Update time on server" appears badly without "0" value, example 14:2 instead of 14:20
Update time on local works ok.

2) Missing 12h mode for sunset/sunrise and update times.

3) Update interval:
The "Update interval" option does not work. The weather on Accuweather is updated approximately every 10 minutes.
For example: 6:05, 6:15 [sometimes displays 6:16], 6:25, 6:35 [sometimes displays 6:37 or 6:38], 6:45, 6:55 etc
No matter how you set, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes ... The weather is always refreshed every 30 minutes.
Currently in my widget I have set 1 minute.
After the screen is unlocked, the weather updates, but for example, the clock shows the current time of 7:00, and the weather is 6:25.
This is wrong, because if I refresh this manually at this point it shows me 6:45 or 6:55 [it depends, I do not know from what]
And that is the correct weather for the given hour. The latest available, in line with Accuweather.
To determine the time I use the ${updateTime} variable - that is, the time on the Accuweather server.
Bug is on Android & PC (reported by Slavoo)
FIXED: YES

PHOTO ABLUM CORE

1) In the "wild card" is missing the support by default for *.png format.

2) viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3698
a) "!Prev" command doesn't do anything; no matter assigned to menu, button..
For !Prev it will go !Next. when you go !Next and then !Prev it will go to another file. (but it should go to file u just seen)
if you use %FileName & %PrevFileName & %NextFileName you will see that it goes to next file in the list.
(i should note that i have tested now & it only happen for Random mode)

b) [Album Setting > Random Order] doesn't work correctly.
If you uncheck [Random Order] it doesn't play anymore
(i should note when you have selected a source that have sub-directories)
it will work correctly for one directory.

c) [Album Setting > Include Subdir.] doesn't work correctly
if you uncheck [Include Sub-dir] it still view sub-directories. (so no difference you check or uncheck [sub-dir])

More Info:
(for bug#a)
(with random Order enabled)
if i use %PrevFileName & %NextFileName Tag in widget and call !Prev command to load %PrevFileName it will load %NextFileName.
although PrevFileName was available in the core but it won't use it.

It should do one of these:
1. if it has a list of files so it always have previous files to go back.
2. if it doesn't have a list; it has last prevfile so it could load it and make %PrevFileName empty; so it go back one time and then do nothing

(for bug#b)
RandomOrder=Enabled & IncludeSubdir=Enabled //works correctly
RandomOrder=Enabled & IncludeSubdir=Disabled //doesn't work correctly (Still Included Subdirs)

(for bug#c)
RandomOrder=Disabled & IncludeSubDir=Enabled //doesn't work correctly (doesn't included Subdirs)
RandomOrder=Disabled & IncludeSubDir=Disabled //works correctly

Noticed that in the first report it doesn't play at all because my root directory was empty and all my images in SubDirs, and it doesn't go to subDirs even with SubDirs Enabled.
so this problem is also come from IncludeSubDir.

NETMONITOR CODE

1) viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3697
%NetOutPercent doesn't have correct value
%NetOutPercent always show 0 for no usage & 100 for any usage (While i have set MaxNetOutSpeed to 30 and my usage is only 100-500 bytes/s)

2) Refresh Interval Changes doesn't Save
Refresh Interval is Changable in the Core Settings but it doesn't have any effect when run it & when come back it fall back to its default value (1000ms)

3) NetIn & NetOut Values are not accurate
Installed Networx Program (a program to display Network Statistics) and NetMonitorCore values copmpares to it are different; also if i run more widget of same, the values of widgets are different with each other; also it most of the times misses network activities in bytes.

BATTERY CORE

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3875
1) ${LifeTime} and ${FullTime} seems to not work properly or at all.
%LifeTime needs to be changed to ${LifeTime}
when i use "${LifeTime}" i don't get anything
but when i use "%LifeTime" i will get 00:00

2) shows the minutes not divided in hours (eg.: 157 minutes) ... (do not know how you become with code to hours and minutes ...).
when the power cord is plugged in (and the battery is charging) does not show the minutes of charging (shows 00:00)

3) ${FullTime} shows 00:00

More Info:
1) shows the minutes not divided in hours (eg.: 157 minutes) ... (do not know how you become with code to hours and minutes ...).
2) when the power cord is plugged in (and the battery is charging) does not show the minutes of charging (shows 00:00)

PLAYERCONTROL CORE
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3811

1) Cover image issue:
http://oi68.tinypic.com/v7rq6a.jpg
Xwidget generates bad jpg files leading to jpg errors #53. Most of the covers embedded in newer mp3 files that use ID3v2 don't showup. The reason is that XW is unable to parse them. A hex dump with a hexeditor easily reveals that.

2) After add song the play button doesn't work directly. The playback starts only pressing the forward.

3) The stop and most of all the close player command don't work. The WMP continues to run to the background.
So testing a widget, the playback starts automatically when the Designer loads, and I have to completely shutdown XWidget, close manually the WMP process to return to the initial state.

4) Support for multiple files is missing.
The player will play all the files inside the music's folder but it lets you add single files.

5) Support for individual playback folders is missing.
The player creates a list from the pc's music folder but cannot play songs from other folders.

6) SpectrumCore creates unwanted noise all the time.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6745
Summary: spectrum core loaded into my media player widget, there was a loud buzz coming through my speakers which persisted until I played an audio file. The buzzing noise then stopped.

DESIGNER AND COMPONENTS

1) Aligning & Positioning
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3699
a) [if Auto-Resize is not checked] Aligning objects to most of the available options will automatically resize the object
>it shouldn't change the size of object on Aligning
ex:
-top > resizes width of object to max
-right > resizes height of object to max
-and so on...

b) Choosing Scale in aligning options of object will change the size and position of object on next start (Specially when more than one object have scale aligning option enabled)
>Scale should be in Resizing options & not in aligning option
>an object should have option to aligning to somewhere and scalability at the same time

2) Designer encoding issue:
http://oi65.tinypic.com/4q4mqa.jpg
There issue with encoding of designer main toolbar (Debug, Stop, Run etc), so Russian translation won't work. Probably same as other non-latin translations: I tried to test Japanese and Arabic ones - there many "???" strings in designer when the main application shows its native symbols normally, but this thing can be because of incomplete support for these languages in my system (I don't speak it, so didn't cared to set it up fine). Anyhow, for Russian there only issue with toolbar, other labels are ok.

3) MenuItem code executes without click:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6330
When you add a Sub MenuItem to a MenuItem, if code is linked to the first MenuItem (on click) it will execute the code when you open the MenuItem without clicking on it.

4) Transparent areas of PNGs to be excluded
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6728
a) I expect a transparent area not to register a click. It should only register a click event when an opaque section is clicked upon. Xwidget has a serious bug that causes transparent areas to accept clicks.
Workaround: YES - layer extra invisible PNG areas above the areas to take a click

b) viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3427
Currently, when you click on the transparent part of an image then Xwidget recognises it as a valid event. This is a problem where you may have an odd-shaped image acting as a control. When the user clicks upon the transparent area around the control thinking they are pressing on the item layered behind it, then the click event is actually for the layer above.
Workaround: YES - layer extra invisible PNG areas above the areas to take a click

5) GetFileList function fails to report folders
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6736
Summary: There is a bug in the Xwidget getFileList function when used in non-recursive mode that means it fails to report the subfolders contained within a folder. So, if you have a folder with no files within, but does have four sub-folders within then Xwidget fails to return the folders at all instead reporting an empty folder.
Workaround: YES - activeX functionality can be used to replicate the fileList function.

6) Defined rotator animation not observed
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6726
Summary: Xwidget rotator does not observe a defined animation using .RotateAngle but only when the rotator is bound to a core.

7) widget.cmd("!Reload"); does not reload widget
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6102
widget.cmd("!Reload"); However it does nothing - it certainly does not reload the widget. This command needs to be fixed.
Workaround: YES - activeX functionality can be used to replicate the reload function.

8) Object opacity to zero, links still clickable
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6080
When a layer is made opaque using the fadeto command:
aboutUsLayer.FadeTo(0,1);
- any links on the layer are still clickable. This is wrong. When a layer has an opacity of zero then it should equate to the following:
aboutUsLayer.visible = false;
In this case the layer is not visible so you cannot interact with it.
The fadeto command is incorrect in the way it operates allowing interaction with an invisible layer.
Workaround: YES - add a timeout, then set the layer visibility to false

9) XWidget does not capture a keypress on an image
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6067
It seems that you cannot capture keypress events when manipulating any object other than an text edit box or similar. This is a problem as it means that a press of the CTRL key when the mouse is over the widget cannot be captured even though we have an onKeyDown event set up and code assigned. The event is simply ignored.
Workaround: YES - add a timer that looks for key events for the whole widget.

10) Coretemp tags are named incorrectly
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6275
Using the coretemp core the naming of the core tags in the widget designer is incorrect and misleading.
%CPU1Core1Temp extracts information from core 0 not core 1
%CPU1Core2Temp extracts information from core 1 not core 2
%CPU1Core3Temp extracts information from core 2 not core 3
%CPU1Core4Temp extracts information from core 3 not core 4
Workaround: NO

11) Play two sounds simultaneously
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6131
Playing a sound and then following it with a second sound causes sound 2 not to appear.
if (preferencessoundprefvalue.text != "disabled" ) {PlaySound(counter);};
if (preferencessoundprefvalue.text != "disabled" ) {PlaySound(ting);};
The 'ting' is never played.
Workaround: NO

12) Search and replace - replaced with nothing
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6053
Search and replace function in the code window seems buggy. Performed a cut and paste into both the search and replace boxes and found that even though both boxes were populated, the replace function had simply removed all occurrences of the search string leaving nothing in its place. Tried it again with recent version and even though both boxes were populated correctly it found each string but the replace function replaced nothing... leaving the original string still in place.
Workaround: YES - use an external editor or just use the Xwidget IDE search function and replace manually.

13) Bugs in version 1.8.8.1111- no tooltip
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3779
I had noticed that tooltips had broken, my previously attractive and subtle tooltips have been replaced by big round ugly versions. I had thought it was my coding/configuration that had broken the things. The current tooltips are very unsubtle and aren't right for Windows tooltips. They are too invasive.
Workaround: YES - use the ugly tooltips until the fix is provided

14) Magnetic Borders - Enabled Regardless of Setting-CLOSED
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5160
Window - Position - Magnetic Borders - this seems to be enabled by default. It makes movement of a widget jerky. I disable it and dragging a widget becomes smooth. This is what I want all my widgets to be by default, smooth to drag around a desktop as per all my other widgets.
In the config.ini file - MagneticBorders=0 is added and updates OK
BUT it makes no difference when the widget is restarted, it defaults to enabled, no matter what is in the default config.ini file.
Workaround: YES - add MagneticBorders=0 to each of your widget's startup code

15) IDE artefacts on screen
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6747
When a widget is running in debug mode clicking from 'design' to 'code' mode leaves unwanted screen remnants or artefacts on screen within the code window making the code editor unusable.
Workaround: YES - close the widget before switching or redraw the code window by moving it off-screen.
FIXED: YES

16) Colour selection in code not working
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6748
Setting certain values in code causes the font colour to change but not to colour that matches what is set in the IDE nor what should be expected from a valid RGB selection. Setting other perfectly valid values causes a generic error that the engine cannot convert from a string to an integer. Fundamentally, setting colours in code is broken in Xwidget.
Workaround: YES - Use the IDE to create duplicate items in the appropriate colour and make them visible when needed.

17) Tag codes selection window bug:
Opening the "Add Tag" window and using the mouse wheel to go up/down, the tag codes are mixed or better messed up, appearing multiple times and the whole list shows up broken, and you have to close and re-open again to show the list properly.

18) Bad text alignment using the CPUCORE and the %CPUName tag.
The text align doesn't work properly

19) Allow objects to be animated without being bound to a core.
With regard to Xwidget's capability most animations can be achieved but only in concert with one of Xwidget's cores. If the animation corresponds to a system activity that is provided by an Xwidget core then bind that core to a rotator object, set a corresponding tag and watch the rotator animate succesfully. If it is not a system activity that you want then your animation is scuppered and you'll have to abandon it.
Which brings us to the suggestion: Xwidgets to allow objects to be animated without being bound to a core. This would allow smooth rotations, movements without a core.

20) Functions cannot be assigned to events in code
More info:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6850

21) Boolean values are inconsistent/buggy
More info: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6857

22) Xwidget Stability Improvement
More info: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6735

23) Network cores idle after a wake from sleep
More info: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6791

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to:
yereverluvinuncleber, digigamer, hamid, meme, Armando, Phoenix, Slavoo and all the users who reported these bugs.

NOTE:
If you have any new bug to report please post it below and after verification it will be added in the original post.

PostPosted: March 9th, 2018, 6:35 am 

Can we please make this post a stickie or at least BUMP it from time to time to keep it at the top of the forum listings.

PostPosted: March 9th, 2018, 1:54 pm 

It's created as a 'sticky' topic Dean don't worry. :)
You can check the icon next to the topic' s title.