[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Weather wont show on some devices

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: September 20th, 2014, 1:46 pm 

I have installed XWidget for android on my and my family devices in the past couple of days and the success result was 50/50...
On my Galaxy S4 and a Nexus 7 it detects my location and shows the weather correctly but on the other devices (another galaxy s4 and a note 2) it wont detect the location at all and when entering it manually, the weather still wont load. In the system location settings the 'High Accuracy' is checked. also tried switching to mobile data to see if its network related but still nothing.

Hopefully someone can assist me as this appears to be a pretty big bug...
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: September 20th, 2014, 2:49 pm 

Hello VClouds. Be sure that you have the latest version of xwidget. This issue is fixed... What version of OS you have?
Also don't forget that the app connects to the accuweather server. So a temp down/bad communication with their server causes issues on the weather info/update of the app. If the problem persist try to install the app again deleting the app's folder. (you can make a backup copy of the "widgets" folder to keep all your installed widgets)

pm: Please next time post to the "Android section":
viewforum.php?f=18

PostPosted: September 20th, 2014, 3:46 pm 

PostPosted: September 20th, 2014, 4:14 pm 

Thank you for your report. I'm not the dev but I think it will be useful to send/write here the "Error Log" and the "Bug Feedback" (activate these options from the apps' menu).
The dev will check it. It's strange though because as you can see the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note2 have both kitkat 4.4.2 but in one of them the app has this issue.
If you want my opinion:
1) I'm sure that is a temp issue. Keep the wifi open and you will see that the wth will back online and visible later.
2) We have to keep in mind that the Android has too many OSs and every time that a new one comes out, many times the apps loose their full compatibility and present bugs. Then it's up to the Devs re-write the code again and again...
So please be patient. The Dev Tony is really a good programmer and he tries to fix all the bugs as soon as possible.

I'll move the topic in the Android section, so for a reply check there..

Thank you

PostPosted: September 20th, 2014, 4:53 pm 

1) Its been two days and still nothing... I doubt its a temp issue.
2) I know how hard it is for developers for android compared to iOS :)

I have sent a bug report from one of the phones that is having problems. hopefully the Dev will see it.

Thanks for your help jimking!

PostPosted: September 20th, 2014, 11:58 pm 

PostPosted: September 21st, 2014, 5:32 am 

PostPosted: September 21st, 2014, 8:09 am 

Hi
Same problem exactly with my galaxy note 2. Weather isnt updating.
Tried un/re-installing, clearing cache and whatnot...
really hope theres a solution...
Thanks

PostPosted: September 21st, 2014, 10:26 am 

I tested on galaxy note 3 and all work fine. Please wait Tony for more help..

PostPosted: September 25th, 2014, 4:58 pm 

Still no change...
any help?

PostPosted: September 28th, 2014, 10:33 am 

No news here either.

PostPosted: September 28th, 2014, 10:55 am 

Guys, you checked the two things according Tony's reply..?

PostPosted: September 28th, 2014, 4:40 pm 

PostPosted: September 28th, 2014, 4:54 pm 

I'll send a pm to Tony.
He's a little busy this period in real life so please be patient.. He will reply as soon as possible..
Thank you

PostPosted: September 29th, 2014, 4:34 am 

PostPosted: September 29th, 2014, 5:57 am 

Hi Tony,
The online list updates successfully and I can download skins.
The automatic location doesn't work I need to enter it manually and even then the skin wont show the weather, only the city, date and time like in the screenshots in my first post.
I also tried different locations but it still wont work.

PostPosted: October 4th, 2014, 3:55 pm 

Any kind of response?

PostPosted: October 8th, 2014, 12:50 am 

Any news?!

PostPosted: October 12th, 2014, 1:42 am 

Not worth your time, huh? Ok...

PostPosted: October 12th, 2014, 2:12 am 

PostPosted: October 12th, 2014, 12:58 pm 

Hey jimking. I understand these things take time. Its just that its been a while since the users posts and tony or anyone elses reponse. Hope the issues will be addressed soon. Thanks.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2014, 12:06 pm 

Any estimation on when the problem will be addressed?