[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Temperature and Rotator?

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Temperature and Rotator?
PostPosted: September 12th, 2014, 4:39 pm 

It will be great if we can combine somehow the temperature with the "rotator" object, so we will can create analog temp meters.. :)
I don't know if I'm missing something, but as I know this can be done only with this tag "folder\${curTemp}.png" but we need to have the needle images from -50 to 50oC.. Right?

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 12:20 am 

i think you mean to have accuweathercore units also in percent, right?

edit1:
since the start and end degrees can be different, it may get vary,

edit2:
currently, it can be done:
using the script code to make a percent unit based on your specified limitations (start&end degrees)

Last edited by hamid on September 13th, 2014, 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 12:33 am 

Yes.. Somehow... :)

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 2:03 am 

Attachments:
needles.zip [1.85 MiB]
Downloaded 290 times
2014-09-13_120138.jpg
2014-09-13_120138.jpg [ 113.23 KiB | Viewed 8058 times ]

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 2:20 am 

If you think that is possible without to much work ok..
But if you see that is complicated, leave it.. I had already abbandon the idea of the extra temp meter.

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 3:08 am 

it's not so hard,

it can be done using script code and rotator object, with only 1 needle image

========
about your methode (binding methode):
it can done also in that way,

the problem with your work was:
1. the image names are wrong,
it should be in C temperature degrees,
it should be named -50 to 50

2. you should use an image object to load the images, not the rotator object

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 4:06 am 

and here's an example of your method:
temp-rotator [Example] [2014.09.13]1600.xwp [2.66 MiB]
Downloaded 299 times

notes:
1. i have used your bg image, although it has a needle inside,
2. the needle images are renamed, so you can use them on your widget

=============

edit1:
but i think using Script method is better,
since it will use one needle image,
so it will reduces file size

edit2:
i don't know a city that have negative temp right now,
if you know any, test it with that ;)

Last edited by hamid on September 13th, 2014, 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 4:08 am 

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 4:16 am 

did you used my example widget?

what do you mean by not accurate?
can you add a image for it?

edit:
ok, now i found what you mean,
your images are not match with the original image,
you should adjust them based on bg image, since the bg's range is not accurate

maybe my example widget can be helpful on choosing which one match the bg,
change the binding tag with numbers to find out which one match

you can specially test it with "redarrow_30.png", and you will see the difference between bg's 30degree

==============
or we can use script code instead

Last edited by hamid on September 13th, 2014, 5:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 4:26 am 

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 4:42 am 

i have edited my above post, check it again

the script method is easier, and will use lower file size

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 5:41 am 

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 6:44 am 

here's the script version:
temp-Rotator_(Script_Version) [Example] [2014.09.13]1903.xwp [255.64 KiB]
Downloaded 267 times

Note:
the code doesn't need any changes for your widget,
just you need to change or adjust the images if it needed

==========

question:
is there any less/more than 50degree available somewhere?
if there is, i can make it to go a little more than 50 to show the overload degrees

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 7:41 am 

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 7:45 am 

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 7:51 am 

it will change when accuweathercore updates

edit:
if you like:
i can make it to show the value before update (show old temp),

to do this, just need to:
1. use a text object
2. and bind to [%curTemp]
3. and use the function in the text-Object's [onchange] Event

edit2:
i have the text object already in my widget,
just you need to add the function name to the [onchange] event of text Object

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 8:18 am 

Hey man are you sure that you send me the right file..?
I press manually weather/core update in the designer by nothing happens.. The needle is still on -50...
Even because I see two tags "OnEnter", "OnLeave" that don't appear in the script..

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 8:31 am 

don't you remember the accuweathercore update function,
it only update when Xwidget update from Accuweather site, not when you press update,

also check that if you're using C degrees, not F,
currently it only support C,
if you want it for F, you should send me max&min degrees for F

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 8:48 am 

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 9:13 am 

Attachments:
temp-rotator_(script_version) [Example2] [2014.09.13]2114.xwp [255.69 KiB]
Downloaded 238 times

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 9:41 am 

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 9:53 am 

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 9:57 am 

Attachments:
bg_weather_farenheit.zip [383.03 KiB]
Downloaded 252 times

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 11:10 am 

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 2:39 pm 

Ok hamid..take your time and send me the script for the Fahrenheit, when you're ready..

I'm going to continue the designing part, because I need to add some more things...

EDIT:
The design part is finished.. There were many things to do..
So I'm waiting your last part / Fahrenheit meter, and after I will add it to the widget, it will be ready for upload. :)
Thanks man.........I really appreciate.

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 5:09 pm 

it's ready:
temp-rotator_(script_version) [Example3] [2014.09.14]0524.xwp [389.24 KiB]
Downloaded 264 times

=========
Notes:
1. the script automatically detects both C and F,
2. if you want the old values before update, but don't want text object, you can invisible the text object

after you have done designing, send it to me to optimize the code if needed

PostPosted: September 14th, 2014, 12:53 am 

Thanks a lot man! I will test it as soon as possible and I will reply!

PostPosted: September 14th, 2014, 3:36 am 

Here is the final version. ALL WORK OK! Check the right click options and the on top buttons! :)
(I had to make a little trick to combine both C and F panels. Since the text object that has the "OnChange" tag and the "rotator" must be twice, one for temp in C and one for F, I added a second core and I copied the scipt changing the text1->2 and rotator1->2)..

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5015

PostPosted: September 14th, 2014, 11:04 am 

i'm a little busy today, i'll check it later,

for now, i have some questions:
1. shouldn't there be a button on the bottom of slidepanels (on the symbol) to make the slidepanel go up
2. what is the hole, is it going to be a button or just a hole?
3. what are the prev & next buttons do on the top of the tree of widget, (i couldn't find where they will be displayed
4. i think the changing between C & F degrees doesn't work (see the temp text), i don't have time to test it right now
5. is having 2 weathercore doesn't need to use 2 menuitem for setting their configuration, i think we could use only one weathercore in widget, since the conversion between C and F is easy
6. making weather slided at first, and then using calendar button doesn't slideback the weather slidepanel

PostPosted: September 14th, 2014, 11:24 am 

PostPosted: September 14th, 2014, 1:07 pm 

PostPosted: September 14th, 2014, 2:20 pm 

PostPosted: September 14th, 2014, 2:52 pm 

PostPosted: September 14th, 2014, 3:30 pm 

PostPosted: September 14th, 2014, 3:31 pm 

isn't this code suppose to be for this widget? :!:

i still couldn't found why you're always in hurry to release the widget ;)

PostPosted: September 14th, 2014, 4:22 pm 

PostPosted: September 14th, 2014, 4:35 pm 

...I have to go to bed hamid..It's late here 02:30 am.. If you make any comment I will read it tomorrow... :)

PostPosted: September 15th, 2014, 1:43 pm 

questions:
1. should it make menuitems check&uncheck?
2. which items should have saveini?

PostPosted: September 15th, 2014, 2:16 pm 

PostPosted: September 15th, 2014, 2:44 pm 

i have added saveini for these:
light,metal,time,date

does it needed for these:
1. Clock/Cel/Fahr mode?
2. slidepanels?

PostPosted: September 15th, 2014, 3:12 pm 

PostPosted: September 16th, 2014, 3:19 am 

ok, it's ready:
old_school_dashboard [test] [2014.09.16]1523.xwp [4.47 KiB]
Downloaded 259 times

Notes:
1. you should add deleted images&fonts to widget
2. you should adjust the objects' position if they needed

==========

Changes:

1. Added: Saveini and menuitem checking for menuitems
2. fixed: location changing by removing one of the accuweathercores and changed the code to work only with one
3. fixed: celcius/fahrenheit changing by changing the textonchange function in the code
4. fixed: slidepanels to not get in the behind of another; now when you slide one, other one will slide-back
5. changed: position of [time] and [date] objects to [timee] object in the widget tree; to be compatible with changing clock mode and saveini; (also i have adjusted the position of them in new place; check the position of them to be adjusted)

PostPosted: September 16th, 2014, 3:44 am 

PostPosted: September 16th, 2014, 9:59 am 

i have created an alternate version,
maybe i don't wanna end up the work :D

i created this because i couldn't decide which way will be better,
so i decide to made both of them,
old_school_dashboard [alternate] [test] [2014.09.16]2204.xwp [4.48 KiB]
Downloaded 258 times

this one will change C/F itself without effecting the core's unit,
the difference from previous version can be seen here:

1. you can change the unit and see in that unit in the accuweathercore weather info dialog, without effecting main text&rotator, (but it will effect on Weather-Slidepanel)

2. you can see the Weather-Slidepanel in the unit that choose in accuweathercore, so the unit doesn't change when change between clock/celsius/fahrenheit

===========

in previous version these are this way:
1. you could only change weathercore unit and see it in the wether info dialog when you're using clock mode
2. Weather-Slidepanel would be shown in the unit of last layer mode that you have used in the widget

PostPosted: September 16th, 2014, 2:28 pm 

Haha! Nice work man. ;)