[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - [bug] Sudden change to xwidget after a bad shutdown

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: May 27th, 2014, 5:53 am 

Xwidget 1.9.1.402 portable
Win: XP
============

description:
-------------
after a bad shutdown of my system, some of my widgets have changed their functionality,
after some tests, i found that the problem is in [for] loops that doesn't used [var] to define its loop [variable];

so this make me think that what's happened to it:
> is there any AutoUpdate running in the background?
> if there is a AutoUpdate, then why build version of Xwidget doesn't changed?
> why it have changed without user's notification?

this change make me a bit insecure about it,
really what's happening behind it?

===========

edit:
----------
just i found that:
also there is a problem with some [if] statements that compares with [!=]
they doesn't work with [!=] but works with [>]
after doing changes and changing to [!=] again, now [!=] will work correctly again
so the problem is so mysterious to me

and i just remember that i have this problem before with this [!=] thing after a bad shutdown
and changed some of them with [>] before

also i should tell that [for] loop problem only happens to some of widgets (maybe widgets with too many [for] loops)

most important thing is:
why this will happens after a bad shutdown

==============

PostPosted: May 27th, 2014, 8:46 am 

I never had this problem even a "bad" shutdown. In some widgets the user forgot to add the save ini function so after a restart or reload the widget doesn't save the visuals configuration.

About the "auto update" there is actually an option (right click on XW''s icon tray->others tab) but I have this always unchecked.

Maybe the old XP system or the portable version of XW cause this. I don't know your system's characteristics, but I think that you should do the big step and use Win7! :lol:

PostPosted: May 27th, 2014, 10:37 am 

when i told bad shutdown i mean sudden power failure

my problem is not what you have mentioned
as i told, there are some problems with some javascript commands: [for] , [if]
i don't know what's happened after power failure to the xwidget
why should script compiler change behavior after power failure?

============

edit1:
-------
and about the [AutoUpdate]:
now i checked it and it's unchecked, so it shouldn't be changed by update
really i wanted to know what's happening on it

============

edit2:
-------
i just checked with:
> a newly unziped version in different location
> and also with some old versions
and all of them will have this problem

some of the [for] loop doesn't work without using [var] inside it
it will generate this error:
[runtime error Object doesn't support this property or method]

if there is a problem with it so why it was working before for a long time

==============

PostPosted: May 27th, 2014, 11:37 am 

just i found that in version 1.9.1.402 portable
it will check different locations for widget,
so it means that it stores something in registry or some other shared resource in system

shouldn't it to be for portable version to don't store anything on system?
does anyone know where it store these things?

PostPosted: May 27th, 2014, 12:28 pm 

As I know when we use portable softwares, any changes are saved in the original .zip or rar file. That's why sounds weird..
One question: why you don't use the stable version with normal installation?? You will resolve all your problems!

PostPosted: May 27th, 2014, 12:55 pm 

portable version is a stable version

the difference should be:
>installer version: can make changes to the system settings, registry, shared data, ...
>portable version: should use only its own folder for all its content and don't do any changes to system setting, registry, ... ; and if it was necessary to do so, it should ask user for it, and also have some option to remove these things; so it shouldn't have any trace on system after exiting application

and i used portable version because i want it to be that way

PostPosted: May 27th, 2014, 1:56 pm 

Surely you're free to do as you want. So you don't install programs on your pc?! I just think that maybe you are a bit too cautious. Add a single, small and secure program on your system's startup list it's not a big deal. When you know what exactly what you're going to install and with a good antivirus and a registry cleaner program, you will be ok and secure. And as I see you continue to have issues with the portable version. Anyway.. This is just my opinion of course..

PostPosted: May 27th, 2014, 3:28 pm 

PostPosted: May 27th, 2014, 9:28 pm 

PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 10:53 pm