[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - opacity resets to 100% after reboot

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: May 14th, 2014, 7:09 am 

I e-mailed support about this problem but never received any answer. I give it a last try on the forum before i uninstall everything.

i use xwidget with 3 widgets. i can set the opacity but as soon as i reboot i will lose the settings and the opacity gets back to 100%

Size settings gets saved.

I tried deleting all backups and manually taking a backup at 70% opacity, doesn't work.

I went to the widget folders and changed config's default opacity to 0,70. Doesn't work, still get 100% opacity after reboot.

I tried setting 70% opacity then saving as different widget. Doesn't work after reboot.

I tried "save as default config". Same thing.

Please help.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2014, 8:42 am 

1) Please report the version of your XWidget.
2) Happens only after reboot of your pc? When you restart manually the program or when you try to reload the widget the opacity is saved?
3) I'm not the Dev, so if there is a bug with this option, you can edit the widget and change the opacity of the elements from inside, under "metrics" tab->opacity.

pm: For any reports or help with the program/android app is better make a topic here than send an email. There are people here who can help you.. (Speaking generally I hate see people make a negative comment or give low vote for the app, before study the app, check better the menus and without ask for solutions or help)

PostPosted: May 14th, 2014, 1:20 pm 

1) I use latest version

2) Yep, only happens when i reboot. If i manually restart the program or reload the widget the opacity is saved

3) Thanks, so far it's the only way that keeps the opacity saved. Looks like i'll have to use this workaround.

Another question: i've set the language to french but the date is still displayed in english. I've tried to find where the date language settings are saved and i checked through almost all config files, but didn't find anything. Do you know where i can edit the date language ?

PostPosted: May 14th, 2014, 2:47 pm 

I always use 100% opacity so I can't test it and confirm if there is a bug there.
My version is 1.9.1.402

About the english language that appears on the widgets depends on the tag that is used, so for who made the widget.
If you edit a widget and check for example the datetimecore's tags, there are two kind of tags.
Example (display of the month)
1) ${MonthTxt}
This will show the month using your system's language.
2) ${MonthEn}
This will show the month ONLY in english.
The same thing is for the other parts for weather and datetime cores. The translation as I know is for the options/menu for the program, not for the widgets..

Personally I only use the english tags, because changing the language,there's a big probability that the text will be hidden on the widget and will appear cutted off. So to be sure that the widget will be shown properly for all I use english.
You can change this manually selecting the tags without the "En" inside. ;)

PostPosted: May 14th, 2014, 3:21 pm 

Thanks a lot ! Got everything working now.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm 

You're welcome..

PostPosted: February 18th, 2016, 2:29 pm 

Hi, i'm Gerald from Germany and my solution for this is to do the following:

A right mouse click on the widget which shows after restart 100% again.
Choose 'Window' and then 'Open Folder'.
Next to do is to copy (better to write down) the path of your xwidget from the Windows Explorer command line (you will need this for the next steps!)
Another way is to leave open the Windows Explorer!

Open the program 'xwidget' from the taskbar with a right mouse click.
Choose the menu item 'Manage Widgets...'.
Choose Tab 'Installed' and select the widget which doesn't work with a right mouse click (using the searchbar, for example samsung for the widget samsung galaxy s6 edge).
Choose 'Delete' and close 'Manage Widgets'.

Now go back to the Windows Explorer (and use the path of your widget) or use the open Windows Explorer.
Mark the widget and delete it or delete it as it is marked in the open Windows Explorer.

Last step is to install the widget again from your download source (you don't need to download it again from the internet!).

After restarting my computer the widget works fine! Don't worry it seems to be to do a lot but it helped me. Try it!
I can not comprehend what happened because before i deleted the widget there was a config.ini in the path of the widget which no longer appears...
I changed the opacity in this config.ini but nothing happened...

I hope it is fully described and it works for you too.
There is no guarantee that it will work on all systems. I'm using WIN 10 Pro 64 Bit and XWIDGET Version 1.9.3.1022. For translation Google translator.

Tip: try 1% opacity
A right mouse click on the widget and choose 'Window' and then 'Configure'. See Appearance and Opacity.
Type in 1 and save it by Button 'Save As Default'. Close Config.
The result is that you can't see the widget on the desktop and it appears if you use the mouse in this area.
Please pay attention that 'Mouse through' is not activated! The use of the value 0 causes that the widget no longer appears!!!

The best of xwidget is that i don't need icons on the desktop. It's a colourful Desktop with many many xwidgets :D

Please let me say > !!! THANK YOU !!! < to all of the programmer who make me with their widgets great joy!

Gerald