[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - V1.88 Weather core problem

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 12:21 pm 

I upgraded from Version 1.8.2 to 1.8.8 with the patch, and my weathercore no longer works, see pic.
Left is V1.8.2 all OK, right in V1.8.8 weathercore not working, any ideas or suggections ?
V1.8.8.jpg
V1.8.8.jpg [ 68.1 KiB | Viewed 13021 times ]

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 12:46 pm 

After opening the widget in designer, changing nothing, and then closing, it now look like this
now.jpg
now.jpg [ 35.8 KiB | Viewed 13018 times ]

had to restore from package backup to fix.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 10:13 pm 

The format for core binding in recent releases have changed. ${param} has become the default. But the old %format appears not supported. And some other binding parameters has also changed in the recent release.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 3:04 am 

Yes the %format is not supported from the v1.84....
Even when you open an old widget you will see that the % codes are converted to {}

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 6:37 am 

I am having the same trouble.

In my opinion the problem are not the old variables (because they get converted but the error still occurs).

To proof that, I created a complete new testing widget with all available AccWeather.Core data (at least up to day2).

All variables are in the format ${xxx} and I still get value "0" for all temperature data, while all other non-temperature* are correct. // * except speed related data and pressure

After some testings I found out, that, after restarting XWidget, everything looks fine again... until... the next reboot.

If XWidget is not started with Windows and run manually afterwards instead, everything is working properly too.

More testing:
If I set the Temp Unit to Fahrenheit I can let XWidget start with Windows (XP), all temp values get filled with the correct (Fahrenheit) values.
But, if I switch my Temp Unit to "Celsius" (using menu with "!SetCelcius"), then all values (which could be converted, like temperatures, pressure and speeds) will be filled with "0" (which can be fixed again with restarting XWidget).

I can reproduce this behaviour as often as I like, it's always the same.
Reloading only the widget does not help anything. And the files in die Cache folder show all the proper values (both units) for those "zero" values.

So it seems, the trouble is somehow related to Temp Unit "Celsius" and XWidget reading/interpreting the file (when started/initialised on Windows startup)
(btw: Changing the other settings "Language" and "WindSpeed Unit" does not have any negative effect for me on all combinations I have tried, only "Temp Unit: Celsius".).

On my system, XWidget is starting slightly before the network icon appears in the tray, maybe you know if this (network) could have some influence on that issue.
When I disable the network connection and reboot, I don't get zero filled Celsius values (but I guess, in that case XWidget does not execute all functions).

I hope the error can be found and fixed soon.

With kind regards

P. S.:

${updateTime} is missing the leading zero in minutes. It's now shown as 14:5 instead of expected 14:05 and as it was before (e. g. version 1.84 ).

${dayText1} gives as result 10-30 and
${moonPhaseDesc1} is giving moonPhaseDesc1. Are those values correct?

Is it possible to access other AccuWeather data (e. g. "CloudCover") that Xwidget does not offer but that are already in the cached data files?

P. P. S.: And not to forget: Many, many thanks for the new version! :) Except for the above descripted issue, the new AccuWeather.Core is simply wonderful and a big jump.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 8:07 am 

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 1:05 pm 

Guys sounds crazy but I have not all these problems with the designer or the accuweather core...!
All my old widgets works fine and the Windows still recognizes the old file format..
(maybe because the prev was a patched version for Android support and the files remained in the folder/registry?)
I installed over the prev version and all works (for now) except this little character bug on the city selection window:

Attachments:
2013-10-30_220155.jpg
2013-10-30_220155.jpg [ 69.08 KiB | Viewed 12977 times ]

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 11:29 pm 

Last edited by meme on October 31st, 2013, 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2013, 12:59 am 

PostPosted: October 31st, 2013, 1:47 am 

PostPosted: October 31st, 2013, 1:54 am 

PostPosted: October 31st, 2013, 2:07 am 

PostPosted: October 31st, 2013, 3:40 am 

PostPosted: October 31st, 2013, 4:42 am 

I don't know...I have the impression that the weather update very often stuck on "updating...."

PostPosted: October 31st, 2013, 9:40 pm 

PostPosted: November 1st, 2013, 8:04 am 

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 12:53 am 

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 2:34 am 

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2013, 2:32 am 

I've installed the patch but still the Current Temperature and Current Real Feel are 0ºC or 32ºF. Any solution?

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2013, 2:38 am 

Which widget you're using and which patch you installed?

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2013, 3:11 am 

Jimking, I'm using the xwidget 1.8.8, the patch given by Tony in this thread and any weather widget, for instance Tiny Weather (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Tiny-Weat ... -289065446)

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2013, 3:50 am 

So the widget doesn't work at all?
Have you installed the patch that Tony posted below my comment? (close completely the program and then replace/overwrite all the files in the program files xwidget folder with the patched. Then run it again).
http://xwidget.com/download_patch.php

I tested and the widget works fine on my pc...

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2013, 4:08 am 

Yes, I installed the patch for a second time just in case and the widget still shows no temperature. I'm trying this other widget (http://www.deviantart.com/art/HTC-Weath ... -288352643) and same result. I'm using a w7 32bit.

Attachments:
weather.jpg
weather.jpg [ 29.79 KiB | Viewed 12847 times ]

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2013, 4:54 am 

I use Windows7 x32 too...
Have you tried to replace the binding cores maually (put them again) in the Designer..?
Using prev version of XWidget the widget worked?

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2013, 5:08 am 

I've just created a weather widget from the scratch and have the same problem. Using the 1.8 version the weather widget worked fine, after updating to 1.8.8 it ceased to.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2013, 6:22 am 

Really strange flibio..! Ok, let's do a little trick. I'm curious if will work after this:

1)Make a backup of this folder:
My Docs-> xwidget-> Widgets (is the folder where the installed widgets are saved).
2) Uninstall XWidget and delete ALL the remaining folders (in program files and my Docs-xwidget)
3) Use a registry clean program like CCleaner to clean the registry and reboot your pc
4) Install XWidget's last version again:
http://xwidget.com/
DO NOT RUN IT.
5) Copy/paste this folder (extract it first) and OVERWRITE (and all the files inside) the XWidget folder in the Program files
http://hugefiles.net/ufdaf0pxkxjk
6) Copy the old folder with your widgets (My Docs-> xwidget-> Widgets)
7) Run the program and test

Tell me if works now.
If you still have problem I don't know...

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2013, 7:02 am 

I'm using the portable version. Anyway, I tried what you said but still doesn't work.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2013, 7:30 am 

Tony, where could I find the 1.8 portable version? I prefer that. Thanks.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2013, 7:34 am 

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2013, 8:47 am 

I'm using the portable version 1.88 of XWidget too (Win7x64) and the weather widget works very well.
The portable version is available here. http://xwidget.com/

Unfortunately the translation into German is not entirely correct (upper case and lower case). I could correct this if wished. weather.png
weather.png [ 86.25 KiB | Viewed 12829 times ]

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2013, 4:34 pm 

I also changed to the portable version after using the install version, I made the mistake of moving all my widgets from the install versions default location eg. user/.... to the portabe version folder location. I found most widget work fine in either loaction but the weather widgets worked in the original location but not in the portable version loaction. I no that probably dosent make sense but it was diffently the case. Moved them back to the original location and they work OK.

PostPosted: November 4th, 2013, 11:11 am 

PostPosted: November 4th, 2013, 11:59 am 

PostPosted: November 8th, 2013, 3:54 pm 

Sometimes the weather widgets not work and show all the values 0oC/F...
Seems that when I restart the program the problem is fixed but surely this is not normal.... :|

PostPosted: November 13th, 2013, 7:28 am 

Pity! Ver.1.881 - and still not fixed. Weather goes crazy: zero current temp data and strange language changes in wind direction data. And no refresh/update. Restarting widget buying a couple of hours working properly. But then everything's starting over. One question: WHEN?

PostPosted: December 6th, 2013, 12:37 am 

any news for weather bug? and for me the same things wrong data many times shows zero and mainly i can't find my city.in the previous xwidget i found my city and everything was ok now only big cities...i am from greece

PostPosted: December 6th, 2013, 8:52 am 

The same problem to me. 1.8.8.11111
W7 x64... so sad! :(

PostPosted: December 7th, 2013, 6:03 am 

i have xp and xwidget.1.8.8.1111-portable:
and everything works fine.

maybe it's a win7 problem

did you test with ekerweather widget (the one comes with xwidget)?
did you check the tags to be correct in designer?

PostPosted: December 7th, 2013, 6:50 am 

The bug depends on the program hamid, not the widgets or the tags..
As I said the "Restart" of XWidget resolves the issue..

PostPosted: December 7th, 2013, 11:02 am 

PostPosted: December 25th, 2013, 2:06 am 

OK, I think I see what the problem is, at least in w7. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I just ran xwidget as administrator and now it works. The think I don't know whether I'm now in the jimking's situation ("restarting resolves the issue" -- never happened to me) or its completely resolved; still working, though.
Jimking, were you running xwidget as administrator, too?

Regards and merry christmas

PostPosted: December 25th, 2013, 3:40 am 

PostPosted: December 25th, 2013, 1:56 pm 

PostPosted: December 26th, 2013, 6:06 am 

PostPosted: December 26th, 2013, 9:30 am 

PostPosted: December 29th, 2013, 12:27 am 

i use previous version and everything ok...i will wait for the next release maybe it will be fixed

PostPosted: December 30th, 2013, 7:57 am 

Attachments:
weeklyaccuweather [v1.0.0-2013.12.30].xwp [176.19 KiB]
Downloaded 299 times

Last edited by hamid on December 30th, 2013, 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: December 30th, 2013, 12:44 pm 

some question about when it happens:
1. does it happen always or only sometimes?
"always" is a bit ambiguous, but I'd say yes, always.

2. does it happen at the start or at the middle?
not understand the question :(

something to try:
3. by restarting xwidget; does it fix the problem?
In my case, does not always work "restart" I have to "exit" and then start again xwidget.
Anyway, when I reboot xwidget I can get weather update. And thus I do every time I want to see the weather update: I reset xwidget.

4. by reloading widget (RightClick>Window>Reload); does it fix the problem?
Nop

5. by opening it in editor and save it and then restarting xwidget; does it fix the problem?
I have not tried, but restarting xw the problem is resolved. In fact, momentarily resolved ..

6. by using tags in code (as "${}"); does it fix the problem?
I do not understand. In fact "core binding" it used: $ {curTemp}, $ {cityName}, $ {curWeatherIconNum}, etc.

7. by using tags in code (as "%..."); does it fix the problem?
As experienced in other widget, when you change "$ {}" to "% ..." xwidget automatically leave it again: "$ {}"
But I can be mistaken about this.

PostPosted: December 30th, 2013, 3:06 pm 

PostPosted: December 31st, 2013, 1:39 pm 

PostPosted: January 5th, 2014, 5:09 am 

PostPosted: January 12th, 2014, 6:47 pm