XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: April 29th, 2013, 9:04 am 

Hi,

Bug affecting XWidget :

I just installed XWidget and noticed the widgets are always visible on my desktop. I looked in the config to see if there was a way to turn off this behavior. There should be a way to specify if we want the widgets visible on the overlay or on the desktop or both.

Important feature request affecting both XLaunchpad and XWidget :

I have 3 screens, and when I press the shortcut key while on monitor 3, for either XLaunchpad or XWidget, the overlay layer appears on my main monitor only. There should be a way to configure to display the overlay where the shortcut key is pressed or on a specific monitor always.

I'm using Windows 8 PRO.

Could you please look into this.

Thanks

PostPosted: April 29th, 2013, 11:24 am 

Ok, I found the option to NOT DISPLAY ON DESKTOP.. So that works fine for XWidget.

However, there is another bug I have found.. Suppose my cursor is hovering near the CLOSE button and I hit my shortcut key to hide widgets, the widgets are hidden but the widget where I was hovering near the X, the X still shows there.

Another thing, support I am in a game and I hit the key to show my overlay dashboard, the game will still be displayed but the cursor switches from the game cursor to the defined desktop cursor and I am able to move items from the dashboard around without me being aware of it because I am only seeing the game. That comes back to being able to disable the Dashboard when a full screen app is running on the screen where the cursor currently is.. That goes for LaunchPad as well..

Also noticed that multi-screen select for LaunchPad is not working properly. No matter what I choose, LaunchPad will be displayed on the last screen where the settings screen was..

also, for LauchPad, there is a typo on the last line "Do not activation..." should read "Dot not activate...".. Furthermore, that feature does not work, as stated before, I was running a game and the overlay pushed my game in the background and displayed the overlay..

PostPosted: April 29th, 2013, 11:42 am 

Another bug found in XLaunchPad :

If I select DESKTOP MODE and then go back normal mode, my custom key to have the overlay displayed (In my case ALT+F12), does not work anymore.. I have to open settings, configure the shortcut again. Somehow, after I do this, XLaunchPad closes itself so I have to restart it, open settings again, set my activation combination (ALT+F12) and it works again normally.