[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Apparent DST Bug as well as timezone bugs

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 17th, 2024, 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: October 11th, 2012, 12:21 am 

Hi

New to xwidget so apologies if this is covered elsewhere. Using xwidget as MS is giving up on gadgets, but one of the things that was useful was the ability to have clocks from different timezones as I work with people across a number of them.

Couldn't find an appropriate one, but found the ability to edit and so looked at a weather widget with a clock and added the ability to change the timezone from the menu. This applies to any of the widgets I have tried this with so not widget specific.

I'm in the UK so currently GMT and +1 due to DST.

When I first add the widget, the clock is correct.
When I edit the timezone I can see that it is incorrect as it is set to GMT+1 (e.g. Amsterdam, Paris, etc.) with no DST set.
This is the first bug.

When I chose GMT the clock correctly goes back an hour, but when I select DST, rather than go forward an hour, it goes back another hour.
This is the second and probably main bug as if I select GMT and then DST (if working correctly) it would go to the correct time and not be 2 hours out as it currently is.

At the moment the answer is just to select the timezone that shows the correct time as the widget does not display the timezone "yet".

Thanks, Nigel.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2013, 11:22 pm 

Bump. I am also a new XWidget user. I switched from Samurize and am so far very impressed.
I also observe this same bug. Activating DST sets the clock one hour earlier, whereas it should be one hour later. So selecting the correct timezone and activating DST shows 2 hours earlier than it really is.

PostPosted: May 24th, 2013, 3:17 am 

Guys I checked it and unfortunately the second right code for timezone is "!SetTimeZoneOffset=" that just change the value to GMT time. I don't see any other option to change it manually..

If you tried my World Clock widgets u need to select your city and your clock/timezone will be set automatically showing your current time! :)

PostPosted: May 24th, 2013, 5:42 pm 

Hi NigelLH,
Thanks for you feedback,
I had try to fixed this bug ,Please help me to test :
1. download patch http://xwidget.googlecode.com/files/xwidget_patch.zip
2. Unzip "xwidget_patch.zip" and copy all EXE file into XWidget's install path to over write all EXE files

PostPosted: May 25th, 2013, 2:04 am 

@Tony: Your patch works fine for me. Great response time. Thanks!

PostPosted: May 28th, 2013, 2:48 am 

PostPosted: May 28th, 2013, 6:48 am 

PostPosted: April 12th, 2014, 4:50 pm 

I Know this is an old thread but I am experiencing this same issue as a new user of XWidgets

I have fully updated Windows 7 with XWidgets 1.91

If I set timezone for +2 (EET) and then set DST setting so that time should then be +3 (EEST), the time goes back one hour :(

Is this a regression?

How come we have to manually change DST periodically anyway, why can't the computer figure it out? :)

PostPosted: April 12th, 2014, 5:19 pm 

All the time/date widgets follow the clock of your computer. I never had to change the DST settings.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2014, 6:26 pm 

Hmmm, but mine doesn't lol :)

My computer time is correct with correct timezone for me and if I ask Windows to show additional clock for +2 Athens/Bucharest it also shows the time there correctly.

When I select +2 Athens/Jerusalem/Cairo in the Xwidget it shows the time incorrectly (1 hour behind correct time, presumably EET). If I select DST it is worse (2 hours behind correct time, instead of adding +1 for EEST)

I hope I am explaining correctly. But it sounds like exactly the problem above and I am sure I have all Windows Updates (maybe someone has the KB number to check?)

PostPosted: April 13th, 2014, 4:01 am 

Microsoft had a patch for fixing DST a long time ago...

I don't really remember the link but... I think I found it out in the optional section.

PostPosted: April 13th, 2014, 10:06 am 

PostPosted: April 13th, 2014, 8:47 pm 

Looks like account suspended