[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - Weather Update on Android

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: September 21st, 2018, 12:48 pm 

Can it be explained how the weather update on Android works? I've had situations where, if I have the weather update interval set to frequent (15 mins) or update manually, even though the refresh time is updated, the current temperature itself isn't. I can look on AccuWeather's native app (via my shortcut in XWidget), and, particularly in the morning or evening when the temperature is rising and falling pretty rapidly, the native site is several degrees F different than XWidget. Then, when I look at the XWidget weather details, it shows the last update being almost an hour ago per the attached screenshot. Most other widgets I've tested will bring in the most current conditions, especially if updated manually. Weather in my area changes too frequently for an hour-long delay to be acceptable. Is there a way to adjust how frequently XWidget updates from the server vs. local refresh time? Thanks.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 32.7 KiB | Viewed 16497 times ]

PostPosted: September 21st, 2018, 2:58 pm 

That update time in the red circle shows the SERVER UPDATE TIME. Personally speaking, on the widgets, I always add the local time update.
Go to the weather options (through the weather details screen - 3 dots menu) and change the "update Interval" value. This will change the refresh of the accuweather server.

PostPosted: September 21st, 2018, 4:19 pm 

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2018, 12:11 am 

Tony will check all the process for the next version..

PostPosted: September 24th, 2018, 12:48 pm 

Everything works correctly. This is some display error. Try the $ {updateTime} variable in accuweathercore1
I have set for 5 minutes in the widget itself, not on the menu. The weather update is every 10 minutes on the widget and accuweather server.
Here, Tony, let's not change anything !!! Because I fought for a long time to make everything work properly.
These 57 minutes are a display error in my opinion and it is not worth paying attention to. The weather coincides 100% with the Accuweather app!

aa.jpg
aa.jpg [ 54.84 KiB | Viewed 16477 times ]

TONY: Don't change nothing!

11.gif
11.gif [ 141.32 KiB | Viewed 16477 times ]

PostPosted: September 24th, 2018, 1:58 pm 

Might still be worth testing. I've seen frequent discrepancies between XWidget and AccuWeather. For what it's worth I use an unrooted Moto G4 Plus running Android 7.0. Thanks

PostPosted: September 24th, 2018, 2:55 pm 

vv.jpg
vv.jpg [ 55.03 KiB | Viewed 16468 times ]

The differences may be several minutes, let's not get into paranoia. Everything works correctly and you do not have to change anything. Set yourself in the widget [not in the menu] every 5 minutes and check.

PostPosted: September 24th, 2018, 3:35 pm 

PostPosted: September 24th, 2018, 11:34 pm 

Look at post up. Real time 0:51
Server time 0:41 weather
Not one hour, only 10 minutes

Accuweather refresh weather every 10 minutes

PostPosted: September 25th, 2018, 3:46 am 

PostPosted: September 25th, 2018, 3:29 pm 

sbs8331, Slavoo is just a user like you who expressed his opinion. No need to take it personal.
As I told you Tony will try to optimize the refresh process where it's possible. No one denies that there is always place for optimization. XWidget has still a lot to offer. There are many things to add like realtime notes, chart support, linear calendars etc. I'm sorry that you want to unistall XWidget. We always try and we will continue to to do our best and don't disappoint the users who supported us.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2018, 4:22 pm 

Not really looking to uninstall. Just trying to help when I saw a potential problem and didn't like the resulting "paranoia" crack. Apologies if I overreacted.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2018, 11:07 pm 

Sorry, paranoia is figuratively. In other words, "Do not panic!" :) Not personal to you.

Screen: 08:17 CET
Last update 53 minutes ago

53 minutes ago it was 2 degrees in my locaion!
Now is 6 degrees!

Second screen:
Again last update 53 minutes ago
Is 8 degrees

If there were 6 degrees less than an hour ago and now is 8, Last update can not be 53 minutes ago!

Everything works correctly!
Have a look at both pictures, temperature and time.
So much in the subject. EOT

@Tony - remove this "Last update ..." from "Weather Information" and the problem will disappear.

1.jpg
1.jpg [ 1008.12 KiB | Viewed 16425 times ]

2.jpg
2.jpg [ 996.67 KiB | Viewed 16425 times ]

PostPosted: September 25th, 2018, 11:13 pm 

AGAIN:

3.jpg
3.jpg [ 89.34 KiB | Viewed 16424 times ]

Word "Updated:" TIME ON SERVER ACCUWEATHER !!!
Time NOW: 09:09
Time on server: 09:02

7 minutes ago is update! NOT 53 MINUTES AGO!
Understand?
In "Weather Information" is DISPLAY ERROR

PostPosted: September 26th, 2018, 2:32 am 

Sorry, but that doesn't explain why XWidget and AccuWeather are out of sync on my device. Understand? Apparently not.

PostPosted: September 26th, 2018, 7:51 am 

Be patient guys. Tony is out home these days. He will return and we will continue the development and bug fixing..

PostPosted: September 26th, 2018, 9:53 am 

PostPosted: September 26th, 2018, 11:22 pm 

PostPosted: September 27th, 2018, 3:24 am 

PostPosted: September 27th, 2018, 9:13 am 

Yes.. Unfortunately Android as an open source OS and with so many versions and phone models, it's hard to have an app that works perfect for all.
As I told you sbs8331 it's very helpful for us have reports that help us to optimize the app.
XWidget has still a lot to offer.
(Slavoo don't worry. We always try to not break working functions, only optimize)

PostPosted: September 27th, 2018, 11:15 am 

sbs8331 - in the morning when the temperature rises quickly, eg 7:00 make 1 screen
8:00 make a 2 screen
Compare, they will be different. If the refresh on the server is every hour then the screens will be the same.
I talked to Accuweather and the forecasting department some time ago, I learned that the server update is every 10 minutes.
Install yourself a free Accuweather app and compare results with XWidget.
With me everything is correct.

Enter the name of the phone and which system you use. Tony will check.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2018, 2:21 pm 

'Install yourself a free Accuweather app and compare results with XWidget." Really? I've stated multiple times that's exactly what I've done. I saw the delayed server update time then started comparing XWidget with...wait for it...the native AccuWeather app and found them to be frequently out of sync. I'm glad it works perfectly for you, but I've presented objective evidence that it doesn't for me. You can respect that or not, the fact remains. Sorry you either don't understand or don't believe it, but it is what it is. Moving on...

PostPosted: September 27th, 2018, 11:27 pm 

Guys no need to continue the discussion and fight.
Tony will check the whole process and will try to resolve any possible issue about the refresh function.
sbs8331 could you please tell us your phone model and OS 's version? This will help us more and investigate.
Thank you

PostPosted: September 28th, 2018, 4:43 am 

PostPosted: April 4th, 2019, 2:56 pm 

An update to this old issue: I recently bought a Moto G7 Power running Android 9.0 (Pie), and XWidget has been spot on. Maybe the issue was the device or Android version. Ironically, AccuWeather's native app widgets fail to update automatic on Pie, something they've acknowledged but so far failed to rectify.