Ready to kick-off.... I was thinking what more we could do.
When I took the jump into XWidget platform, I was confused with all its jargon, API etc.. I took a quite while for me to familiarize myself with this awesome program right from the ground-up. I searched and searched while I found this little community and an extensive Chinese board. While designing my widgets, I went through the examples scanty and scattered all over, amassed a lot of them and tried to understand the cryptic function names. Yes, not to forget the alien hieroglyphics that used to render gibberish in my system (for XWidget comes with UNICODE disabled, for whatever reason... may be the evil Delphi... that's just another story), unless I discovered the right code-page (by luck) and then the language (Simplified Chinese). Took a round at the Google Translate and managed to get some of the Auto-complete text translated to English. That resulted in poor quality text however.
I took me months to familiarize with the UI itself, then again much time struggling with the JScript API. JScript wasn't so hard (I'm a web developer, experienced in HTML, CSS, JS, Java,Silverlight etc..) to conquer, but for someone who has worked with an MSDN window stacked to the side (believe me, I bet, you won't find anyone remembering the heck lot of browser JS events, or the full JQuery library
) with specs clearly printed on a sheet of paper, without a line of proper documentation was like a wild trek in Atacama desert.
And in an effort to improve the quality of the Auto-complete and create a reference for all those whose design all awesome widgets and also for the convenience of the beloved users who run and install our widgets on their machines.GOALS
1. Create complete usable help documentation for XWidget in English such as basic a how-to on program functions. *
2. Create complete usable documentation of XWidget Scripting API, functions and core tags. *
3. Add extensive tutorials, screenshots. *
4. Include basic guide/tutorial towards scripting in JS(? VBScript, may not be, unless someone with knowledge joins me)
4. Localization, translation of help documents and helper tools. (I think I'll ever go anything beyond English and Bangla by myself)Priority from descending from top. Items not marked * are low-priority goals.
This is a pure volunteering effort. I invite all contributors here to help with building an extensive help documentation.
Expecting positive feedback