[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
XWidgetSoft Forum • View topic - CONTROL: Form to select fonts within your widget

XWidgetSoft Forum

XWidget & XLaunchpad , Desktop customization
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 2:16 am 

CONTROL: Form to select fonts within your widget

The following image and attachment is an extension to the functionality within Xwidget that will allow your widget to display all the system fonts during runtime.

You can use the code within the control to allow your widget to access the system fonts you have installed on Windows only.

The fonts are read using ActiveX to extract the information on fonts from the registry. They are then selected, filtered and sorted. Using the mousescroll wheel will select a font which will be displayed. The size of the font can be adjusted.

The information is then stored in a prefs.ini file for re-opening when the widget next runs.

You could use this code in your own widget to allow you to access your system fonts in any way you choose. I have placed it on a temporary form to allow you to interact with it immediately, extract and use whatever you wish.

Attachments:
showfonts.xwp [77.75 KiB]
Downloaded 211 times

Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber on May 14th, 2017, 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 3:14 am 

Unfortunately I need Admin's rights to create a new section. I will move this topic to the "Widget Develop Documents" too like the other one.
This section is for the Android app only.

Board index » XWidget for Android Forum » Share Your Creations

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 3:18 am 

You don't have admin rights? Tony cripples everything in some awkward way, have you noticed?
So frustrating!

Apologies for submitting to the wrong section.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 3:32 am 

No I don't.. The forum works bad lately.. Often it asks to login continuously and kicks you out. I have to press ctrl f5 to reload the cache but it's annoying. Slavoo mention it here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6661

Strangely the forum works much better on my phone...

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 3:48 am 

It may be having a problem with disc space. Cacheing could be a problem.

Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber on May 12th, 2017, 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 3:49 am 

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 3:59 am 

You haven't noticed Tony crippling everything? or you don't have access rights?

If it is the first let me remind you ( I needed a rant anyway!)

o Xwidget Windows = no documentation, unfinished, badly implemented, buggy, closed code, won't let anyone else help, no bugfixes, no releases for years, need I go on?
o Forum = no admin rights, buggy, badly structured, dev. never ever present to answer a single query
o Website = out of date, never anything new, an unstructured gallery with no search, has previously contained malware for years, no admin rights to change anything, not optimised, no-one assigned to take care of it...
o Xwidget server = does too much - weather server, website, gallery and forum all on one system, configured incorrectly, no-one has access to fix things.
o Xwidget Android ? I see you lot coming up with issues all the time - you can add your own list of complaints here...

I am sure it isn't deliberate but it is still endemic.

If it is the second (and I suspect it is) Jim, you can't be expected to run a forum without admin rights. You aren't just a moderator, you are the only one who is permanently here. This practically is YOUR forum. Tony should have given you full control years ago.

Everything is just a little bit sh1t. It annoys me. Xwidget with a bit of work from all of us could have been a shining jewel, a gem, instead it is a smelly turd sitting on the floor... It isn't your fault Jim but Tony's all along.

PostPosted: May 19th, 2017, 2:44 am 

Tony replied to me today. He told me that he fixed the problems:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6661&p=14220#p14220
and that he's working on XWidget2 and XLaunchpad2 for Windows

PostPosted: May 19th, 2017, 7:06 am 

Well, let's hope so.